It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gallbladder Attack Symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
    mechf76
    (male)

mechf76 HB User
    Gallbladder Attack Symptoms

I am 37 years old and have been feeling ill since mid Nov. I scheduled an appt. with my fam. doc. and blood work, etc....came back fine, physical went great. I described to the fam. doc. the symptoms I was having- she chalked it up to anxiety. I didn't ask for medicine but still did not feel great over the weekend. On Monday, I called the doc and she prescribed some anxiety medicine for me. At this point, I had 2 attacks but still did not know what was happening to me. Wednesday night came and I had another attack, vomited this time. I called the doc. on Thurs. and asked for my gallbladder to be checked because of the fam. history. Friday an ultrasound was scheduled and within 90 mins the doc called and said my gallbladder was full of stones. I am schd. to have it removed on Jan. 9.

My question is this: my symptoms are so weird- no stomach pain, indigestion.....I get a really bad headache, chills, a little pain in my chest and my body shakes inside. It usually lasts all night and then I feel like horrible and weak the next day. The headaches are mainly in the back of my head and I have upper shoulder pain/aches. Has anyone experienced attacks like this? My sis, mom, aunt, both grandmas and several cousins have had their gb out and each have exp. diff. symptoms. I am assuming it is diff. for everyone! HELP! Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Gallbladder Attack Symptoms

Sounds very normal for some folks with gallbladder problems. Try to eat no fat between now and then - and then for 2-3 weeks after having it out. Good thing you pressed your doctor for the u/s. Good luck and let us know how it goes

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
    mechf76 (12-31-2013)
    Old 12-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
    mechf76
    (male)

mechf76 HB User

Thanks! I went to the doc on Dec 12 and since then I've dropped 15lbs. I am avoiding fat- eating mostly brown rice, veggies, chicken and fruit. I made fish tonight, hoping it will settle well. The two attacks I had before I knew what it was, I had dinner late- 8:00. The most recent- thurs and fri of this past week, the only thing I can think triggered it was sweet and sour sauce I added to the brown rice and shredded chicken or the handful of Special K cracker chips I had. Thanks so much for your input.

Old 12-31-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
    bbdd23
    (male)

bbdd23 HB User

I don't have much stomach pain either. I did have a period about 5-6 years ago of intense pain in the gallbladder area but they checked me and no stones. I went on with life and was brought to a halt in the past 2 years with symptoms other than pain. My symptoms are severe if I eat fried foods, dairy products, caffeine, sugary stuff...the usual culprits. I burp a ton and get indigestion, and always feel like my body isn't digesting things properly. It sounds weird but you can kind of feel it when it's happening. I don't get headaches but I have vomited a few times. Try exercising and eating better before your surgery. It can reduce your symptoms more than you'd think. Gallbladder problems are tough man, there's no way of ignoring them and you can't just take a pill. You should get it out, but if you can't at the moment you have to make changes to your diet.

Closed Thread

Tags
    gallbladder attack, gallbladder experiences, gallbladder pain, gallbladder surgery