It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• HELP!! Gallbladder, IBS, something else? constant pain under right rib area

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
    ash21love
    (female)

ash21love HB User
    Red face HELP!! Gallbladder, IBS, something else? constant pain under right rib area

So for the last week I have had constant nagging pain just below my sternum and a little to the right. It feels like someone stuck there hand inside my ribcage and is just holding on tight or squeezing. its also a burning type of pain. It seems to subside when standing, but way worse when I lay down...

It first started as burning and pain at the bottom of my sternum. The burning in my sternum is gone but the burning nagging pain slightly to the right is constant. I have taken hydrocodone, dicyclomine, ibuprofen and nothing seems to make it stop. They take the edge off but thats it!!

I have had complete blood screen done (lipase, cbc, red, white, liver enzymes, kidney function, heart function) any they all came back normal
    Had ultrasound of abdomen which was normal
    Had endoscopy and was normal too....

WHAT IS THIS! Doctor says IBS...but how can it be IBS when its just in one spot and is non stop painful...? Next is a HIDA scan...but what if that is all clean too??!!

I'm scared...Should I get a second opinion? Is this consistent with IBS? Should I have an MRI done...CT scan??? Could it still be my liver or pancreas even though my blood work and ultrasound was normal?? Gallbladder??

Please help me, I am at my wits end with this pain.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2014, 06:14 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: HELP!! Gallbladder, IBS, something else? constant pain under right rib area

Sounds like gb. I'd wait till you get the HIDA scan before looking anywhere else. A score below 35% or above 75% means it is non functioning and should be removed. Please do NOT let them tell you it is "normal" - ask for the actual score if they don't give it to you. In the meantime, eat NO fat.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:35 PM   #3
    escapegirl08
    (female)

escapegirl08 HB Userescapegirl08 HB User
    I'm going through the same thing. My HIDA scan was 38 which is borderline not functioning. I had every test, but a CT scan. I already have an appointment for a second opinion. I'm so tired of being told nothing but which test we are doing next.

Closed Thread

Tags
    gallbladder pain, ibs, indigestion, liver, pancreas