It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Pressure/pain- Gallbladder removed 3 days ago

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
    Emgiez
    (female)

Emgiez HB User
    Pressure/pain- Gallbladder removed 3 days ago

Ok, so I had my gallbladder removed laparoscopically almost four days ago. I stopped taking my pain pills last night because they were making me neurotic and also because I have a family member who has recently recovered from narcotic addiction and came home yesterday. I felt great until tonight, when a slight pressure started building near my navel incision ( NB I have about 6 sq inches of really dark and painful bruising around that incision) and it got progressively worse to the point that I can't even stand the pressure of clothing or an ice bag on the incision or surrounding skin. My other family member who has locked up the pain pills (literally; they're in a safe) took a sleeping pill. I have taken two Advil, and ice is out of the question.
    Help me please!!!

(Possibly) important info:
    -The skin is hot near the incision-- really hot
    -I don't have a fever
    -I can't wake up my family member to get the pain pills
    -my steri strips fell off about two hours ago on every incision but the one that hurts

The following user gives a hug of support to Emgiez:
    rainbowsrock (05-04-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #2
    rainbowsrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB Userrainbowsrock HB User
    Re: Pressure/pain- Gallbladder removed 3 days ago

I do feel for you
    My experience was totally problem free, but I had stitches that needed to be removed manually after a certain period
    I didn't take any painkillers

The hotness sounds like an infection is developing...time to seek medical opinion I would think

Old 05-06-2014, 01:26 AM   #3
    beamybea
    (female)

beamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB User

Sounds like a complication has arisen. Please get medical attention right away! My sister had a life threatening complication, a duct was knicked during surgery and was leaking into her abdomen. She was rushed back to the OR. Prayers are with you.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:04 PM   #4
    Princesstiara
    (female)

Princesstiara HB User

Hope your doing better. I had Surgery 8 days ago have no warm or incision problems but I'm having problems too. Tightness in upper stomach/chest area & 2 GB Attacks on day 5-6 Post Op (without a Gallbladder) So afraid possible Sphincter of Oddi Problems. I am having burning Bile digestion issues.
    Hope you feel better now, please post update.

The following user gives a hug of support to Princesstiara:
    rainbowsrock (06-07-2014)
    Old 06-07-2014, 05:57 AM   #5
    sh85
    (male)

sh85 HB User

ya, please get that checked out asap.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #6
    BellaMila
    (female)

BellaMila HB User

I had my gallbladder removed last year in November, 2 operations because they missed some stones, both through key hole surgery an a drip bag.. I had 5 incisions, I did have a bit of pressure for the next few days, it's because they fill your stomach with air before they remove the stones. I couldn't have any pain meds due to health issues, was only on panadol for the first night.. It was uncomfortable for a couple days.

But that my experience

Old 06-07-2014, 08:46 AM   #7
    BellaMila
    (female)

BellaMila HB User

I had my gallbladder removed last year in November, 2 operations because they missed some stones, both through key hole surgery an a drip bag.. I had 5 incisions, I did have a bit of pressure for the next few days, it's because they fill your stomach with air before they remove the stones. I couldn't have any pain meds due to health issues, was only on panadol for the first night.. It was uncomfortable for a couple days.

But that my experience

Closed Thread

Tags
    bruising, gallbladder removal