It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gallstones? Gastritis? or Something else?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2015, 07:58 AM   #1
    Shah428
    (male)

Shah428 HB User
    Unhappy Gallstones? Gastritis? or Something else?

Hello Everyone. i am new here and i would really appreciate some awareness on symptons i am currently experiencing for a few weeks now. so here i go :
    i have been having unlocalised pain in my abdomen. it shifts from side to side, but sometimes become steady (mostly on the right). it is mostly in the upper right, under the chest. it sometimes goes to the lower abdomen too. it is bearable pain. Back pain and right flank pain is here too. back low mostly. Xray and CT shows everything is good except few gallstones. can they be causing the pain?. only other symptoms, bloated tender abdomen, gassy. No fever, No Nausea, No vomitting and bowel movements are fairly normal. And sometimes i have painful urination, which i am not sure is associated but i am currently on antibiotics for a suspected UTI. My GP said it might be gastritis due to pain is not only localised to the right. My bloodworks is due to next week. i remember it starting on the flanks. i thought it was kidney infection but this was overuled.
    Can a misdiagnosed kidney infection cause this? or is it gallbladder and kidney infections are at work together? Did anybody had such symptons with gallstones? please it would really help. I am all in for gallbladder removal if i am sure they are the main cause for this discomfort, the problem is nobody is sure :/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2015, 06:35 AM   #2
    Saraha070
    (female)

Saraha070 HB User
    Re: Gallstones? Gastritis? or Something else?

I'm currently have the same issues. Ive had a Ct Scan, ultrasound, bloodwork ect. All that was found was gallstones. My pain is also not localized and shifts. It also seems to burn in my entire right side and back, but everything comes back normal. I just emailed my dr. to see if a lipase blood screen was an option. I'm wondering if mine is more pancreatic than gallbladder related. It's so frustrating to have pain and not understand or know the cause.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:34 PM   #3
    miniguy
    (male)

miniguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB Userminiguy HB User
    Re: Gallstones? Gastritis? or Something else?

GB disease seems to have diverse symptoms in different people. People live with stones without knowing it, but if you have gone to the trouble of having tests to discover them, you are typically having problems. I am afraid that a physician or surgeon will not tell you with 100% certainty that removal will cure all your ills. It was for this reason when I was diagnosed with stones via ultrasound that I had an endoscopy to check for an ulcer as I have GERD. Endoscopy was normal and GB removal took care of the troubling symptoms that I suffered from.

Closed Thread

Tags
    abdominal pain, gallstones, gastritis, kidney infection