It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Gallbladder Message Board

• Gallbladder or something else, very worried

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2015, 09:23 PM   #1
    55heather
    (female)

55heather HB User
    Gallbladder or something else, very worried

Hi, maybe someone can help me with some symptoms. Sorry about the long confused message.

I am female, 52, healthy and post menopausal. I am normal weight (162cm and 55kg) and to date, have been very healthy and active. I got bloodwork done about 8 months ago and all was normal. I have slight high blood pressure and arrhythmia (but both could be from anxiety). I have hurt my back a lot in the past, falling off bikes, car accidents etc, but nothing I ever got checked. In December I fell badly and tore the ligaments in one of the muscles on my right buttock area (still painful today).

I have had, for a couple of months, intermittent pain on my right side, around the area of the floating ribs, can go from the middle of the abdomen right around to the back. It is worse on the right, but I sometimes feel minor pain on the left in the same area. I also have pain around my lower back spinal area just above the buttocks. Some days it goes away almost entirely, so I go back to the gym or run, but then I feel it really badly the next day. It seems like any activity at all will trigger it, and increasingly so.

The pain feels muscular, but I am sure it is not, as I haven't done anything to cause muscular pain.

I also feel achy, burning pain in the right flank in the kidney area, and sometimes around the right floating rib area, it is very sharp, and if I press it, then I can feel the pain in the back too.

I do not feel pain at night and sleep well. When I wake up, it feels stiff, like I have done a workout. I have no jaundice or yellow coloured stools/urine. I feel healthy otherwise, but the pain is making me very anxious.

My problem is that I suffer from anxiety, and I am not sure if the pain is real or just stress, as I often get stress related back pain (but it is usually higher, not unilateral and around the shoulders/lats).

Pain is worse usually when:

1) After drinking alcohol (especially red wine, which gives me diahhrea...but I only notice it the next day, when I drink I feel fine, maybe because I relax when drinking)
    2) After eating lots of high fat foods like cheese and also if I eat very salty foods, I feel like vomiting
    3) After running or cycling uphill
    4) After working on the computer all day and hunching over the keyboard (I am very short sighted). Mousing is very painful.
    5) After driving
    6) If I carry heavy things, it doesn't matter what side
    7) stress
    8) wearing a bra or anything tight around the middle chest

Pain is helped by:
    1) Light yoga and stretching
    2) pressing hard on the sore areas of the back
    3) Sitting semi reclining (not bolt upright)
    4) walking/even climbing mountains
    5) taking anti inflammatories (voltaren tabs) and antacid
    6) heat
    7) not being at work...it goes away about a week after I have gone on vacation/not being at work
    8) sleeping (it goes away at night)
    9) meditating and breathing exercises
    10) not sleeping on my stomach

The reason I suspected gallbladder is because of the relationship with alcohol, fatty foods and salt. Also, the symptoms sounded similar. I have gas after eating too.

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2015, 04:56 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Gallbladder or something else, very worried

COuld be. An ultrasound and a HIDA scan can tell you whether it is or not.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:15 AM   #3
    Froodie
    (female)

Froodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB UserFroodie HB User

You might want to consider acid reflux as a cause.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:16 AM   #4
    55heather
    (female)

55heather HB User

Hi all
    I've just posted a lengthy message in the anxiety forum about this issue.

I had a whole lot of tests done, and all were normal. The doctor said it was likely musculoskeletal and stress related.

At the same time (not sure if this has anything to do with it) I went on a course of antibiotics for a tooth abscess. I also saw a musculoskeletal therapist, and adjusted my workstation seating.

Since seeing my doctor, my pain has almost completely gone away. I can run, cycle, even sit at my desk and type, with NO pain.

Not sure if anyone else might have the same "solution" to their problems, but mine was largely based on anxiety...and shows that even the most specific pains such as mine can be partially caused by stress.

Hope you all feel better.

Closed Thread