It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Please help - spaced out and tired all day long

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
    Jadedxo
    (female)

Jadedxo HB User
    Please help - spaced out and tired all day long

So I've been going through complete hell for 3 weeks now. It started one night..I slept for maybe 4 or 5 hours because I had trouble falling asleep after drinking an energy drink. I had a test in the morning too, so I had to be up at 7 to study. The next morning I was fine, I took my test at 10am and felt completely normal.

But after going back to my dorm room I got this weird feeling all of a sudden. It hit me so hard I thought "wow, I must be really tired. I need a nap". I can't explain it but it was like a sudden burst of extreme fatigue and brain fog. I attempted to nap later that day because I still felt the same way, but I could not. Its like all of a sudden I could not sleep. That night was the same. I had insomnia every night and felt spaced out, groggy, fatigued, brain-foggy all day every day.

I went to the ER twice because I could not sleep due to being anxious that I would not be able to function because I wasn't sleeping. It was all I thought about every day because no matter what I would wake up feeling spaced out -like I was drunk. I would be doing things but not in the moment when doing them. My focus was off and I had trouble remembering things. I attributed it to not sleeping.

I was prescribed 5 Ambien pills to take over 5 days by yet another doctor and they worked great. I took them at 8:30, was out by 10 and woke up at 6:30 every morning. BUT I still felt tired and spaced out all day long. I was desperate to feel better and thought maybe it was my eyes giving me the spaced out feeling. I thought since I was having issues with my left eye being infected and dry all the time, maybe it was affecting my vision. But the doctor could find nothing wrong with my vision- other than a little high contrast in the dry eye. He asked if my family had a history of multiple sclerosis and I informed him my mother actually has it and was diagnosed maybe 5 years ago. He said i showed no symptoms of the eye issues of MS but he would like for me to come back for checkups just in case something developed.

I took two 25mg Benadryl nightly to get to sleep after my 5 days on Ambien and I would wake up 4 or 5 times through the night, always waking at 6:30 no matter what time I went to bed. Still, the same spaced out, brain fogged, trouble focusing, remembering, tired eyes, feeling. It was to the point I did not want to go anywhere or do anything because I didn't feel apart of the real world...its like living life high or drunk. I understand sometimes the Benadryl could make you drowsy in the mornings but this feeling lasts ALL DAY.

Because my anxiety and depression over this had gotten so bad and because I was not able to get a full nights sleep I was prescribed Bupropion XL, a generic Wellbutrin XL. The first day, I felt great. I still had the spaced out feeling but of course the medication made me dwell on it less. I visited a sleep doctor and was prescribed Amitriptyline 10mg to take before bed. So I take Bupropion in the morning around 8, and Amitriptyline at night around 9:00. But after a full nights sleep...from maybe 11 to 7:30 I suddenly got an overwhelmingly tired feeling. There was no denying I needed a nap. But I could not take one for some reason. That night at work, I could barely function I felt more spaced out than ever and I was extremely tired. I had to leave early, went home and straight to bed.

I have no idea whats wrong with me and I'm getting no answers. I've gotten blood taken for testing of thyroids, anemia...I've had EKGs done. I was sure that it was the fact that I wasn't getting enough sleep but now since I've had 2 nights of at least 7 hours of sleep I know something else is wrong. It all started with me having insomnia so drs feel its lack of sleep and anxiety making me feel this way. But at times when I'm not anxious or even thinking about it I still feel the same way. It interferes with work and school since I cannot focus as well.

Here is a breakdown:

1. Spaced out, tired, groggy, drowsy feeling hit all of a sudden one day.
    2. Tired eyes and feel I could take a nap all day every day
    3. The same feeling occurs when I've gotten a full nights rest
    3. Taking Wellbutrin XL 150MG once a day and Amitriptyline 10mg once at night
    4. Trouble remembering and focusing..a little slow catching on/learning
    5. Went to the ER after almost fainting, saw bright lights before fainting and was told blood sugar was low. Was kept at the hospital and fed until it went up again
    6. Weird headaches that seem to be behind my eye socket, between my eyes, base of skull, especially when trying to watch tv or look at any screen
    7. Very frequent urination (this has been going on for months though)
    8. Chills- always cold (this has also been going on for months)
    Other than
    9. It seems I have good days where it is bearable and horrible ones where I can barely function
    10. Haven't seen a neurologist yet because everyone in my life is convinced I'm a hypochondriac, its my anxiety, or that I need sleep.

This is making me depressed and taking over my life. Things just aren't the same and won't be until I figure out what this is. Please help me with a list of possible conditions this could be. I want the doctor to exhaust every option.

The following user gives a hug of support to Jadedxo:
    sweetpotato13 (03-30-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2015, 07:59 AM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: Please help - spaced out and tired all day long

have you had any blood tests? I'd start there.....get your vitamin D and your thyroid checked

Reply Reply