It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Help!!!! Please!!! Strange undiagnosed debilated symptoms

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-10-2015, 12:28 AM   #1
    Onnit112
    (male)

Onnit112 HB User
    Help!!!! Please!!! Strange undiagnosed debilated symptoms

I have a slew of undiagnose symptoms that have my doctors scratching their heads. They were mostly unilateral on my left side for the first few months but some pains are also on my right. Started out with single symptoms that were far apart like chest pains(costochrondritis like) after doing a yoga pose, headaches(strange Icepicks and throbbing right sided at first), Stiff neck that came on after doing pull ups that never went away and cause left arm to go numb, numb painful left leg(on and off), burning hip pain, painful ribs(left) and back between the the shoulder blades, nausea. These symptoms continued and became more frequent to the point of almost daily.

Also get attacks/flares/episodes that seem to be aggravated by most foods and afternoon naps or physical activities. I can literally only eat fruits, vegetables and vegetable and fruit juices without symptoms of an attacks. Anything else... literally anything else would give me the initial sensation of a attack.

Description and pattern of Attacks: They start with a slight floaty, woozy, and slowed down reaction that gradually increase. If i continue to eat or keep up the activity that aggravates it. It will go full blown to the point it renders me immobile because of super muscle weakness(body and limbs feel like lead) and fatigue that causes you not to be able to function mentally and physical sometimes with nausea. This full blown attack can last anywhere from an hour to 6 hours. Once the attacks wears off it is simutaneously replaced with chest, ribs, back, hip and head aches and pains. These attacks at first happened randomly and each and everytime i felt as if i was having a heart attack or maybe a blood clot. They then happened almost every evening around dinner time that lasted everyday for almost a month. At first the time in between attacks I was still relatively heathly but as the attacks persisted I would be more fatigue and weak with balance issues between attacks. It got to the point where I was always nauseous, weak, dizzy but at different serverities. The attacks changed patterns.. They started to occur every two days. I would be great one day then the next get an attack and it would be a few hours and take me literally another day to recover from.

Testing and Imaging scans: -MRI of the head with and without contrast(2
    weeks ago) -Neck MRI of cervical neck without contrast(3 weeks ago) -Chest and Lumbar spine X-rays (3 months ago) -CT scan of abdominal (6 months ago) -Multiple blood work all coming back good Only thing that was abnormal was POSITIVE ANAs which most of my
    doctors don't think is a problem.

Lumps: I have also recently within the last month discovered a Hard Bony Rock Lump on my lower left rib. The very lowest part of the rib nearest my left hip. It is connected to my rib and immovable and is currently size of
    large peach pit and over the last month it has noticiably grown about 10 percent in size. It never bothered me until i found it and as i prodded it start to give a dull ache. Not it is a constant pressure and ache at the lump. It seems like I have one on the exact same location on the right rib but it is mobile and movable but not as hard but seems to aches very rarely and also has slightly grown! I have been managing my attacks by only eating Juices, fruits and cottage cheese and some bodyaches diminished from
    accupunture.

I recently been doing a little better by managing it by trying not to aggravate my symptoms and as soon as feel the sensations of an attack. I will immediate stop it. I can only eat 2 spoons of regular food and still get a very small initial attack that will go away within 30 mins or so. I was doing ok until I went to a chiroprator and had a massage. The day after my entire neck felt quite sensitive and hot and my nausea it unbearable with extreme irritablity.

HELP!!!!! WHAT CAN THIS BE!! PLEASE ITS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR SINCE MY FIRST SYMPTOMS.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Help!!!! Please!!! Strange undiagnosed debilated symptoms

I have to disagree with your Dr. that the positive ANA's are not related or significant. I would take all your tests results and see a rheumatologist for additional testing for autoimmune disorders. Your symptoms seem consistent with an autoimmune disorder and that is what I would pursue.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:17 AM   #3
    Onnit112
    (male)

Onnit112 HB User

Thank you! so much for the reply. I do have a appointment with a rheumatologist but it isn't until nov!!! Honestly prior to all my symptoms I have never even heard of autoimmune disorders or even knew there were people with such afflictions. I know from my own research that no two people, even with the same autoimmune disease have the same symptoms but do my symptoms give any indication to what it could be? I have not come across any one that relates so much to food than mine.

I'm down 20lbs, Had to quit my job and need help driving and do regular daily activities now! And just 9 months ago I was a strong vibrant athlete!

Again, Thank you so much!

Old 09-10-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Well, with costochondritis, ice pick/migraine-like headaches, muscle weakness, neck pain and nausea, I would suspect lupus (the classic autoimmune disorder) or something close to it. You need checked for a variety of things such as rheumatoid arthritis, polymyositis, mixed connective tissue disease. There are many overlaps in symptoms and lab results, so it usually takes some time to sort out. I would want my muscle enzyme levels checked since you have muscle weakness. Neck pain can come from inflammation of the synovium (joint lining) in the cervical spine. The lumps on ribs could be inflamed cartilage that is swollen. The GI symptoms may point to a dairy and/or gluten intolerance, which is present in some lupus patients. A gastroenterologist may be helpful, or at least blood tests for celiac disease. I would explore your family history in terms of autoimmune disorders and possible celiac disease or food intolerances, as these things tend to occur in families, but not everyone has the same condition. Perhaps you can call the rheum office and get moved up in a cancellation spot so you don't have to wait so long to be seen.

Reply Reply