It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Seeking Advice/Moral Support Prior to Brain MRI for Spasms/Twitching/Buzzing

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #1
    Packard1931
    (female)

Packard1931 HB User
    Seeking Advice/Moral Support Prior to Brain MRI for Spasms/Twitching/Buzzing

I have benefited immensely from this site, and wondered if I might reach out to everyone for your continued guidance/insights. This week I have my first brain MRI, and I confess I'm frightened.

I have a family history of MS, but I haven't presented with any numbness, vision changes, or balance issues.

I have however in the past month begun experiencing unrelenting twitching/spasms/buzzing in my feet, thighs, fingers (especially my thumbs), etc. As well as firecracker or popcorn-like flickerings at very unpredictable sites around my body: buttocks, legs, lower arms, etc. Bubbling sensation up my calves.

Last week, I had a few difficulties pronouncing words. Something I've never experienced, as a professor of literature. It was deeply alarming.

I am in the midst of perimenopause and have had a slew of those symptoms (including arthritis, vaginal dryness, night sweats). Two months ago I went on a small dose of transdermal Estradiol and was overjoyed at how it was working. But, given these unremitting symptoms, I decided to go off of the patch a few days ago. There's been no change.

This week, I went to the doctor (and today I learned that my blood tests ruled out Lyme, Lupus, the usual suspects, no Magnesium deficiency, etc.). Now I'm awaiting an MRI and I'm terrified. I'm single, I rely on my health to support myself. I had just met someone wonderful, but wouldn't want to drag him into an illness.

Any advice? similar experiences? Upbeat insights would be ever so helpful. I'd also welcome links to studies that connect perimenopause to twitching/spasms/buzzing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    estrogen, multiple sclerosis, perimenopause symptoms, twitches and spasms