It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Prolonged upper chest and back pain/pressure??

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-08-2015, 11:33 AM   #1
    mcy
    (female)

mcy HB User
    Prolonged upper chest and back pain/pressure??

Before I get into full symptoms,I'm a fit 23 year old female with no history of medical problems besides anxiety, painc attacks and depression.

I just got out of the ER presenting with constant chest pressure and sporadic back, neck, shoulder blade and arm pain. This has been going on for 3 weeks since I lifted heavy tables at work. So I assumed this was something to be fixed by a chiropractor. He told me to first go to ER because it sounded like a heart attack.

In the ER they checked everything, took an ECG, chest/back X-Ray, blood panel, ultra sound of my gallbladder, blood pressure, heart rate ect ect. All checked out "great." None of it was cause for concern and they said I looked healthy.

Before I left they said to maybe start taking something for my anxiety as they thought most of my symptoms associated with stress.

But like I've told them, I don't think this is all stress related and if it is, wow stress can really make you physically hurt.

I've had a knot like pressure in my upper chest for three weeks, when I left anything heavy it feels like a bone is going to snap and feels like I should NOT be lifting anything heavy. Also my left shoulder blade has two huge knots on the muscle that you can feel to the touch. Every time I move my arms up and down, I hear and feel a loud popping sound/sensation. I feel like I'm constantly subconsciously sucking in my stomach and my upper stomach feels hallow. My hands and arms have been getting very weak and shaky even doing something as simple as lifting groceries in the house. No fever, no cough, no vomiting, no sharp shooting chest pain and no fatigue. Just an overall bored tired feeling. Not like I could fall asleep, but like I want to lie down so my body isn't so tense and hurting.

I'm pretty much at my wits end with this pain, it makes my anxiety and stress so much worse because of the unknown and the constant chest and back pressure. Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2015, 04:31 AM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: Prolonged upper chest and back pain/pressure??

If related to the lifting incident and the pain isn't improving at all then maybe see an orthopedic doc for evaluation and possible MRI.

Tess

The Following User Says Thank You to tess201 For This Useful Post:
    mcy (12-09-2015)
    Old 12-09-2015, 09:49 AM   #3
    mcy
    (female)

mcy HB User
    Re: Prolonged upper chest and back pain/pressure??

Thank you, I will try that! Someone also recommended looking more into my stomach. We shall see. Thanks again!

M

Reply Reply