It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Showing strange Symptoms: Do i need to go to the E.R.?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
    Walksmith2
    (male)

Walksmith2 HB User
    Unhappy Showing strange Symptoms: Do i need to go to the E.R.?

Pretty dire for a first post, huh? Although, this may be no joke,and i don't know what's happening, and i'm kinda scared.

I am 22 years old, and of course my weight may factor into things, but here we go.

Around the 12'th, or 13'th of this month, i came upon a sickness like viral bronchitis, with coughing up of the phlegm that was yellow-green, or clear, and i took some home remedy medication when my mom bought me MucinexDM extra strength/Dayquil Severe to treat it, and i was hoping to get over it, and heal from it since things took quite a while.

It wasn't until the 17'th that i've noticed that suddenly my right arm, and leg felt weaker than normal, and that my left half had to drag that along, which freaked me out.

The further along i tried to treat myself, the more problems i've come across, such as the weakness transferring to my left side (As of now), spotty, sometimes blurred vision, the feeling of groping in my skull with the occasional few second sting in my head, although that doesn't happen often, my cough still constant, slowdown in movement of my arms that is on and off, and producing phlegm, and loss of appetite, and interests, as well as personality. (I'm usually calm/silly/happy-go-lucky)

I don't know if this is a brain tumor, anxiety messing with me, the chest cold turned pneumonia, or what, but this is making me pretty scared that i may die from this, and i was wondering if i should bring this to the E.R.'s attention, or just soldier this out.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-26-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2016, 05:52 PM   #2
    Walksmith2
    (male)

Walksmith2 HB User
    Re: Showing strange Symptoms: Do i need to go to the E.R.?

UPDATE: I have returned from the ER , after performing many scans, and the doctors have told me that the CAT/MRI appeared clear, which took a load off my mind, pardon the pun, but they recommend a follow-up, and i'm very interested in taking them up on their offer as soon as i raise the money. I do wish i could upload the pictures of the scan, but i'm cutting out soda largely, as sort of a warning, and preventative measures. They also said that Anxiety mimicking stroke/brain tumor could be a culprit, as well as the side effects of the medicine, and not to mention the skyrocketed high blood pressure, but a diet/exercise plan is in motion by myself, possibly to prevent anything like this happening ever again. I can't risk it.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:18 PM   #3
    Walksmith2
    (male)

Walksmith2 HB User

UPDATE: Today, i've been feeling strange, ever since the doctor said the CT scan was clear. (Sorry i lied ;w; I only took CT scan, and not MRI, which i'm planning on following up on)

.I'm still coughing up phlegm, and that's never good

.Now my right leg is buckling up, still feels weak, meanwhile my right arm feels better than ever i think.

.I've been off heavy strength medication for two days now, although now there's small wooziness here and there.

.Movements still slow down at times,and i don't know what's causing that. (It's mainly movements in fingers/hands)

.Sight has gotten slightly better, or at the very least acceptable, same with memory, although now i'm still stumbling with my words,and what's worse, trailing off.

.My old personality hasn't returned. A lot of things i find funny aren't doing it for me anymore, and my voice is still kinda hoarse.

.New pain in lower right back

.I've slept from 3 am all the way until 1 pm, which isn't normal!

Do you think i need to go back for a second scan?

Old 01-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #4
    ginatri1
    (female)

ginatri1 HB User

If it were me I'd see a doctor asap or go to er. Too many strange symptoms to keep trying to cure yourself.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #5
    Walksmith2
    (male)

Walksmith2 HB User

I do wish i had the money for an MRI proper/second opinion, but my family and i are uninsured, and of course the doctors, and everyone clarified that the CT was the most definitive thing they had, also, most of what i've described went away (Except for a few) by the time i posted, so sorry for not updating ;w;

Old 01-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #6
    ginatri1
    (female)

ginatri1 HB User

Any way you could get friends together to do some sort of fund raiser stag or something for you.?? It's awful you have to pay for the treatment. I know if we lived in the U.S. we'd be bankrupt with all my medical problems. Good luck.

The following user gives a hug of support to ginatri1:
    Walksmith2 (01-28-2016)
    The Following User Says Thank You to ginatri1 For This Useful Post:
    Walksmith2 (01-28-2016)
    Reply Reply

Tags
    brain tumor, bronchitis, muscle atrophy, pneumonia, stroke