It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• IBS, Iron deficiency, fatigue, lack of energy

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-20-2016, 10:06 AM   #1
    log4john
    (male)

log4john HB User
    IBS, Iron deficiency, fatigue, lack of energy

Hello Guys,

I am a male of 33 years age. 10 years ago i had severs motions, after that i had to go to stools many times a day. Symptoms increased when i eat oily, spicy and non vegetarian foods. I gave up eating non-vegetarian food to alleviate the problem. Consulted multiple doctors, their treatment temporarily alleviated the problem, but it didn't cure the problem. I remember a doctor referring it as IBS & told me it will never cure. Then as the time went on, i got adjusted to the situation. Although the problem was not as severe as it used to be. But it never cured.

But for the last one year, i am also feeling exhaustion and tiredness. I went to a doctor & under gone blood test. He checked my blood report and told me that i have cholesterol. He advised me to brisk walk everyday for 1 hour and prescribed me Rosuvas F10 tablets for 3 months. I used it & i felt better. After 3 months i felt tiredness and exhaustion came back appearing, but only once in a while. I went to the same doctor again, but he looked at my 3 month old report and asked me take D3 and B12 vitamin tablet as they were at border line. After couple of weeks , i thought of checking my iron levels, which was not checked before. I found out that i have iron deficiency. The rion level was around 56.3 ug/dl , which should be between 70-100 for men. I again went to the same doctor with the report and he prescribed me Livogen XT and Lycogold tablets.

Now i am taking those tablets for the last 1 month, but one problem being they are aggravating my IBS symptoms. I feel little improvement, but still long way to go.

Now i read article that stomach ulcers can cause bleeding and may result in iron deficiency. I have the below questions.

1) What might have caused the iron deficiency whether its due to not eating non vegetarian food or due to IBS ?
    2) Is it caused by stomach ulcer . If so what is the way to find it out and the treatment ?
    3) Taking iron supplement tablets still helps ? & how long i need to continue to see the improvement. And if there is ulcer , will it compensate or i need to fix the ulcer ?

Btw, i am eating non-vegetarian food ( chicken,fish etc) for the last couple of weeks to improve the iron levels along with iron supplements.

Please advice.

thanks..Johnson

Last edited by log4john; 02-20-2016 at 10:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    exhaustion, ibs symptoms, tiredness, ulcers