It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Gastric Ulcer?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-13-2016, 06:43 AM   #1
    Kristin098
    (female)

Kristin098 HB User
    Gastric Ulcer?

A few days ago I visited the doc, but she wasnít any help. Iíve already posted about some problems Iíve been experiencing with perimenopause, but Iím thinking thereís more than that going on here.

Basically, whatís also going on is that whenever I sit down Ė even for a just a minute or two Ė once I get up itís difficult standing up straight. I have to walk around for about two minutes before I feel better. (The more active I am, the better I usually feel but the moment I sit or lie downÖ it starts up again the moment I get up).

This morning it was the same old, same old but I had yet another headache. (Only because I need to get some glasses. My headaches are always either allergy related or because of my eyes). Over the past few months Iíve been trying to take less Advil for my headaches because I figured that just wasnít healthy, but lately Iíve been taking it anyway. (Also BC Powder because I heard it helps sometimes with ovarian pain). So this morning I take my Claritin and Probiotics, but also take some ibuprofen for my headache. I then go back to bed because it was still really early.

About half an hour to an hour later I feel burning in my stomach, just above my bellybutton. It literally woke me up.

Iím used to having bouts of pain from stomach acid, but this was different. Usually Iíll feel burning in my entire stomach. (Imagine drawing an elongated circle around your bellybutton; itís around that entire stomach area). This time however, it was only located in a straight line right above my bellybutton.

Back when I started college Ė in the early 90ís Ė I did go to the ER one night because my stomach felt so nervous. It felt like bugs were crawling around. (My mother said she felt that same thing when she quit smoking. Words canít describe how awful it feels). Back then they told me they thought I had an ulcer.

Over the past few months Iíve had that same Ďnervousí feeling off and on. I even mentioned it to the doctor, but of courseÖ she completely ignored it. Also, all she did was a urine test (which showed no sign of infection) and then poked around my stomach. (Fat lot of good paying that $300 a month for insurance is. At the time I was going to her because of pain Iíd felt in my stomach when I was having an attack of... well I donít know what to call it but it was related to going through perimenopause. Apart from that, I also had pain in my stomach, to the right of my bellybutton. I was worried about it being my gall bladder or something, so I decided to face my fear of doctors and make an appointment).

Back when I Ė supposedly Ė had an ulcer before, I didnít have any trouble standing up after sitting down for a bit, but do you think itís possible that this could be common with an ulcer?

I just have to ask because the doc didnít give me any answers at all. (She made me feel like a hypochondriac, even though I have a clean medical history and hadnít even been to a doc since I was a freshman in high school!)

Thank You in advance for any help. It is appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply