It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• tight chest and shortness of breath

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-06-2016, 12:00 PM   #1
    jackpot64
    (male)

jackpot64 HB User
    tight chest and shortness of breath

I am trying to find out what could be causing my chest tightness and shortness of breath. On a recent trip to Mexico I had shortness of breath and felt like I was suffocating. Went to a remote green cross station in the middle of the night. Oxygen levels were OK , blood pressure was OK so I returned to where I was staying. I had 2 other bouts of shortness of while there. At the time I summed it up to pollution, altitude and humidity and figured it would go away when I returned to the United States.

I was wrong. When I got back to the states the same night I had another instance of shortness of breath so I went to the emergency room. Checked my out for a heart attack. No heart attack. Issued me an inhaler and I was discharged. Many test later. Cardiologist says heart OK. Lung CT scan showed I have emphysema (Quite smoking 16 years ago). Pulmonologist said don't worry about emphysema because spirometry test shows 111 result (like a non-smoker my age) and my lungs could not be causing obstruction. Ultra sound revealed polyps in gall bladder so my gall bladder needs to come out. Doctors are now saying it must be stress related. I sure don't feel like I have stress but I started exploring that route. I do accept that after feeling shortness of breath I could have had some panic related responses.

I am still feeling tight chest. Feels restrictive when trying to inhale. Chest feels a little sore on inhale. Feels like I can get as much air as i should be able to. Having some back pains and side pains. Recently started feeling bloated and like i need to burp.

I still think I have some thing other or in addition to stress going on. Anyone out there have any suggestions or similar experiences to share?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    burping, chest pain, chest tightness, shortness of breath