It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Always tired

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-07-2016, 09:06 PM   #1
    James9777
    (male)

James9777 HB User
    Always tired

I'm here as a last resort to see what others think. I am a 25 year old male and I'm constantly tired. I have felt like this for about 5 or 6 years now and talked with a couple of different doctors. At first I was told it was because I was overweight and also depression. I was about 290 pounds at that time and now I'm down to 170 and I don't feel depressed, however I am on Wellbutrin for depression - been on in about 5 months and can't tell a difference. I have been tested for everything; HIV, diabetes, thyroid issues, B12, anemia, hormones... you name it and I've been tested and EVERYTHING always comes back normal. I have also had a sleep study which came back as normal. My doctor is at a loss and has finally given me Adderall just to make it thru my days. 10 mg twice a day as needed. The adderall does make me more alert but doesn't keep me from being sleepy. I go to bed sleepy and wake up sleepy. I never have any energy at all. I can sleep 8 hours, 5 hours, 13, or even 20 hours and I never have any more energy than any other time. I do work night shift 7PM to 7AM, however I have only done this the past year and this has been going on for 5 or 6 years so I know it's not the shift that is the main cause of my being tired. The shift work isn't helping obviously but it isn't the root of the problem. I am unable to concentrate on things for long periods of time because I'm too tired and it's really starting to get to me. I know I stress a lot but even when I have a few days off and I'm just relaxing and have very little stress I feel this way. I've tried exercising more, taking supplements, eating healthier, drinking less caffeine... nothing seems to make a difference. I'm just at a loss. It is so hard to be motivated when you are tired all the time, but I'm an aspirational person with goals and yet I don't have the energy I need to reach those goals. I'm just curious if anyone else has this problem or any solutions that I haven't tried yet.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: James9777
    ellenrd (11-11-2016),movielover40 (11-08-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2016, 11:33 PM   #2
    curlygirl25
    (female)

curlygirl25 HB User
    Re: Always tired

I am also on wellbutrin for depression. I feel quite tired myself! I sleep a lot! Im still struggling with my sadness as the medication gets through my system so this could be the cause to my sleepiness. But I suggest you force yourself into a schedule. Sleep only 8 hours a day don't let yourself sleep more. If you find you can't sleep then just lay there with no phone or tv until the 8 hours is up. If you don't have work stay busy from 7pm-7am and try to keep that schedule. I think you body may just be confused. But get another opinion or two from some doctors you never know. Good Luck!

Reply Reply

Tags
    chronic, energy, exhausted, sleepy, tired