It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Desperate to help my husband

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-14-2016, 05:47 PM   #1
    FaithfulMama
    (female)

FaithfulMama HB User
    Question Desperate to help my husband

Hello, I am trying to find a root cause for my husband's medical problems. I wonder if anyone here could shed some light. Here is a list of his issues: low testosterone (he's been on bi weekly injections for 3 years and it is no longer working and his t levels are rapidly dropping), chronic Gout, Eosiniphilic Esophagitis (EoE), food allergies. My research has led me to believe it could possibly be Lyme's Disease and/or Andrenal Fatigue. He is only 41 and was diagnosed with the low t at just 34 years old. Been to tons of doctors and they all just want to bandaids the problems instead of find an underlying root cause for it all. Please help!!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: FaithfulMama
    movielover40 (12-15-2016),yayagirl (12-15-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2016, 06:15 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Desperate to help my husband

Hi FaithfulMama,

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's such a helpless feeling. It's great that he is willing to do something about it. But as you know, doctors can only do so much and meds don't make us healthy.

Gout, food allergies, etc. are diet issues. Many things affect hormone levels. Poor muscle tone, excess body fat, inappropriate diet.

Is he over or under weight? Does he work out? What is his diet like? Is he depressed, does he eat sugar, fake-foods like margarine instead of real butter, white flour, bread, foods that contain soy (soy is an estrogen)?

He may need to change his diet and active level and and increase muscle mass (which increases testosterone). He may need to stop taking the injections and get his body functioning again. It isn't a fast fix, but getting healthy is the best bet. We all need to eat lots of fresh dark colored vegetables and fruit every day.

Does any of this seem right to you?

Last edited by yayagirl; 12-15-2016 at 06:17 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to yayagirl For This Useful Post:
    Machaon (12-15-2016)
    Old 12-15-2016, 09:30 AM   #3
    FaithfulMama
    (female)

FaithfulMama HB User

Thank you for your response. Yes we eat pretty healthy, home cooked farm fresh, organic foods. Of course we could always do better, but we stay away from processed foods and try to stay away from red meat.

He definitely needs to exercise, but he's not badly overweight (he's like 5'10" and 185lbs).

All of his issues just seem like they are connected somehow. And after I researched Lyme it seems as though it could possibly be that. He was diagnosed with the low t in 2011, has had gout once a year since about 2009 (and we've tried getting his pH level regulated with diet). And the autoimmune disease and food allergies were diagnosed in 2014.

We have tried so many things with his diet, the last resort is Autoimmune Protocol Diet...however this could prove difficult as we have 4 small children and live with my parents, so not sure how well I'd do with making AIP meals for everyone.

Old 12-21-2016, 04:07 AM   #4
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear FaithfulMama,

...gout, food allergies, etc. are diet issues. Maybe what he eats is fine for you or others, but not good for him. You can research to see which foods generally cause gout.

One may even be slender and not have enough muscle tone. Fat is just one indicator of this. Males need to be working out and getting hard and defined muscle tone to keep testosterone levels up.

Why suspect Lyme? did he get a bull's eye rash? Was he bitten? I suggest not looking up symptoms because doing so is misleading. It seems like there are things that he needs to be doing for his health.

Eating foods that have soy (estrogen) in them, and poor muscle tone are affect hormone levels. Do you make all of your own salad dressings, mayo, etc. for instance, and avoid soy oil? Do you read the labels of all foods before buying? Soy is added to many things, even dog food and it's also even bad for dogs. We need to avoid soy, and esp. males need to avoid it.

If a man's muscles are not defined he needs to be working out. Regarding gout, besides avoiding red & processed meat, he needs to be staying away from refined carbs (white bread, white rice, pasta, sugar, desserts, esp. pre-prepared desserts, cookies, chips, snack foods, frozen pizza & desserts, frozen dinners, & sugary foods, beverages and alcohol, beer & wine & hard liquor (which is condensed and fermented sugar). We can unconsciously eat way more of those than we may realize. If we are flabby at all, there are things we are doing or not doing that causes imbalances and 'dis-ease'.

I know, it's always easier to look for disease as a cause when disease is most often a result. But 'dis-ease' can often be controlled by making healthier changes and choices.

Last edited by yayagirl; 12-22-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    eosinophilic, gout, low testosterone, lyme disease