It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Chest pain/other symptoms. Malaria or not?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-03-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
    kemoman23
    (male)

kemoman23 HB User
    Chest pain/other symptoms. Malaria or not?

Hello,
    I am wondering if anyone has had any similar symptoms as these below. I have been to the ER and now an internal medicine Dr multiple times and had many tests but all have come back normal except one with mild low platelets. I had an attack from nowhere on October 20, 2016 driving back to work when I had a burning feeling in left chest that shot to left shoulder and a little down left arm. I sat at work and felt chest hurting, face hot, cold spells, facial flushing/paleness. Went home and had cold shivers and then face would feel hot but most of all pain in chest that would not go away. Left pinky finger and half of ring finer numb with arm below elbow numb. I went to ER the next day thinking heart attack type of problem and had EKG, CAT Scan, Ultrasound of heart, blood work, Stress test all came back normal. Stress test not really hard for me and cardiologist was not concerned that it would be my heart and said I would not have been able to go that hard without any trouble. I am 36 was about 215 and generally worked out a lot at the gym in previous years/lazy lately due to sit down job. Was given a Nitro pill and steroid prescription in case it was nerve or GI related but was told they didn't know but probably not heart. About a week or two and chest pain faded.

About a month and a half later on Nov 30, 2016 I had another attack from nowhere. Chest hurting, felt of surge of warmth through body, chills, face hot and flush followed by next day or two of about 4 or 5 thin bowel movements. Chest pain feels like some sort of heart attack with feeling of having to go to ER like I am going to die but then after a few hours the worst part fades a little and am left with chest pain mostly under left nipple area. Went to the Dr on Dec 7, 2016 and had blood work with the only thing showing as mild low platelets. Dr suggested Prilosec for 14 days and ibuprofen 600mg which I took for 7 days thinking possibly GERD. Didn't seem to help the chest pain. I also started to eat really clean and small portions and did 45 min of elliptical cardio for 7 days straight with no chest pain relief. On Dec 10, had another episode where all symptoms got worse and same again 7 days after that on Dec 17. Each episode had chest pain sometimes with initial hot feeling through the body, left pinky finger/half ring finger/below elbow numbness, cold hands and feet, flushing of face, hot face/eye sockets/lower tips of ears sometimes. Usually empty the bowels the day after or in one case that happened before heavier chest pain. One time I was slightly dizzy also. Sometimes I have upper abdomen discomfort and various places in my stomach and sometimes chest pain moves around. Have also had a lot of belching/gas the whole month of December.

After the Dec 17 episode it seemed to last and get worse until Dec 21 when I went to Dr again. I developed a rash on both hands in between thumb and index finger and seemed to spread just a little around top of hands. This was the first time for this. From Dec 17 it seemed to come back around every 48-72 hrs maybe but not exactly sure. I lost 20 lbs during the month down to 195 and was eating super healthy but seemed like nothing was helping. I always have facial flushing, chest pain, burping/gas. The Dr did prescribe me a steroid at one point to try something on me but did not help. The light chest pain I still have and the last few days my back hurts also maybe around my kidneys. I never seem to have fever or nausea as symptoms either but generally do not feel right or normal. All of the tests came back that we were waiting on but everything was normal. I took 24hr urine test, 24hr heart monitor, EKG's, blood work for malaria, west nile, Zika, Chikunguya, Lyme disease, and various others that were all normal. The malaria parasite one was suggested we do a test every 6hr for 36hr to completely rule that out due to the cyclical shed rate of parasites. Tests came back and I was told nothing was inflamed, and no infections.

I have never had any symptoms of anything wrong until Oct 2015.
    It seems to have all started Sept 27, 2015 when we were out photographing the blood moon for about an hour in Winterhaven, FL. close to Disneyworld and ended up having 100+ mosquito bites mostly on lower legs/ankles, arms, and some on head. 8 days later I experienced racing heart, chills, fever, and all symptoms of bacteria in the blood now that I look back (At that time Urgent care had no idea what it could be and said bites were prob not the cause even though I thought different). A day after that one of the mosquito bites developed what I was told by a ER nurse at work was cellulitis as a red line was creeping up my arm and that I needed an antibiotic bactrum. I did go to walk in care and was prescribed that and it ended up going away as I went through the 10 day cycle. 3 days later I was bit by 4 mosquitos again at Disneyworld. Cellulitis formed from the bite and had to have bactrum again. This happened again Dec 30, 2015 and then again April 30, 2015. All times I needed bactrum to get rid of the cellulitis that formed from the bite. I thought anytime I got bit by mosquitos I was going to have this problem now. This did not seem right to me since I lived in FL all my life and never had a problem being bit by them. I moved to TX for a job and was bit in Aug by a mosquito here two different times and it did not form cellulitis as I put colloidal silver on right away a few times each day following. I have been concerned for any mosquito illness due to the frequency I was at Disneyworld and that people travel there from everywhere in the world. I was concerned for parasite/Malaria but also never show fever that I know of and not sure if that is something I had to have. I seem to have so many symptoms but not all symptoms of just one disease/illness. Feels like I have some of everything.

To summarize symptoms within last month.
    Chest pain mostly left side lower, warm surge through body, cold hands and feet, cold shivers, warm face, always facial flushing, upper abdominal pain sometimes, diarrhea, lots of gas/belching, hand rash, rash on chest when I woke up once, left arm numb below elbow with pinky and half ring finger...all I can think of now. No nausea or fever or really any sweating as of yet during this last month.

Sorry for such a long post but I can't help but think that all of this I am having is from the initial mosquito attack as I never had any problems before this in my life and don't even often get sick. I do not go to Urgent care or any Dr for hardly anything unless I feel like death. I don't know what is wrong and my Dr also does not seem to know what to do next. The only thing I could find searching it out was malaria/parasite since it seemed cyclical and the parasite could be dormant for 6mo to 12mo in my liver. Is there any other mosquito born illness that I could possibly have or does this sound like something else? Is there a better test I could do for malaria? Could this be something related to spleen or liver or GI since all of the releasing of bowels/gas/belching? I am self pay so I am not able to keep doing every test to find something wrong but just trying to pinpoint a direction to go.
    I feel like this is not my heart but from something being released in my body during the worst of the chest pain and then empties out my bowels trying to get rid of it. I have been laying around for a month and am ready to get to the bottom of this to get back to normal. Thank you for reading and if you have any ideas please let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #2
    Murfle
    (male)

Murfle HB User
    Re: Chest pain/other symptoms. Malaria or not?

Have you been tested for Lyme Disease?

Reply Reply