It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Episode of feeling disembodied

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
ammaraine
(female)

ammaraine HB User
Episode of feeling disembodied

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what's going on with me.

I was hit in the head with a basketball last week (lol) and it hurt for less than a minute, but afterward I was completely fine. I didn't think much of it. I haven't had my head hurt at all since, except for these weird episodes I am starting to have.

About 2 hours later, I was doing work when I suddenly began to remember events that happened very long ago (some not at all) all very quickly, like a dam had been opened, and then it felt as if my brain was wiped.

I sat in total confusion, forgetting where I was. I thought I was at home. I felt hot, my head hurt, nauseous, it became hard to breathe, and I felt disoriented. I felt detached, like nothing were real. I remembered my name, the people around me, etc. etc. though. Memories seem fake, but I'm able to remember what's going on during the episode. It just doesn't seem real. It's like I'm dreaming.

It's happened 7 times now, usually once a day. Most often I'll be in the middle of a conversation when I just blank out. I've had brain farts before, but this is way different. I'm able to function and carry on conversation but it's hard. I'm not sure if it's amnesia or symptoms of a concussion, but whatever it is, it's freaking me out.

Any ideas? I may go to the doctor if it continues, but if it's nothing, I'll just hope for the best.

The following user gives a hug of support to ammaraine:
sweetpotato13 (04-27-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2017, 04:44 PM   #2
sweetpotato13
Senior Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Episode of feeling disembodied

I would have myself checked for a concussion.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:46 PM   #3
jpm1
(male)

jpm1 HB User
Re: Episode of feeling disembodied

Go to the doctor ASAP. Better to be safe than sorry right? And what happens if it occurs when you're on the freeway and you get in to an accident?

Reply Reply

Tags
amnesia, confusion, disorientation, headache