It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Need Advice about Fluid Leaking from Leg

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
    Archica
    (female)

Archica HB User
    Need Advice about Fluid Leaking from Leg

My mother occasionally has fluid leak from her swollen leg (the calf part). This is a problem she has dealt with for years now (in 2014 it led to an infection that eventually became septic shock and almost killed her). It has leaked on and off since then, but the doctors told her this would happen and to just keep an eye on it (she has had everything thoroughly checked, from her heart to her kidneys to the veins in that leg and while she has poor circulation in that leg, they said it wasn't bad enough to need surgery). Lately, for the past two months, it's been leaking a lot worse than usual and even though she's shown it to a doctor, she still has some concerns and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this. The area that the fluid is coming from has become sore to the touch. It hurts when she touches it to the bed when lying down. Is this soreness common in other people who have fluid leaking from their legs?

Also, she is supposed to be on Humira for her RA. She stopped taking it because she was afraid of infection, but her Rheumatologist said it was okay to keep taking it. Has anyone else with leaking leg problems taken Humira (or something like it that weakens your immune system) while the leg was leaking and sore?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2018, 03:15 PM   #2
    hendersonbay
    (female)

hendersonbay HB User
    Re: Need Advice about Fluid Leaking from Leg

My MIL gets this same leakage but she doesn't take Humira. The doctors treated her for cellulitis but it still comes and goes.

Reply Reply

Tags
    arthritis, edema, fluid, humira, swelling