It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Could this be RA?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2017, 08:38 AM   #1
Cyg
(female)

Cyg HB User
Could this be RA?

I am new to the board and joined because I am getting desperate for answers. I am a 42 year old female. I have been having bilateral joint pain for several years, worse on the right side, and steadily getting worse. I also have some, but not much joint swelling, limited to fingers and ankles. I have a torn tendon in each ankle, but only one was from an actual injury. I am constantly exhausted, and no amount of sleep helps. I am both sleepy and physically exhausted. Walking half a block drains me completely. I do have well controlled obstructive sleep apnea, and also well controlled asthma, but I do not think either of these is causing my problems. I rarely feel feverish, and I have not noticed my joints feeling hot. My joints feel best in the morning and get steadily worse all day, and hurt all night. The only part of me that has morning stiffness is my lower back, and it is stiff and sore for several hours in the morning. My fingers do pop in the morning, or after not moving for too long. They hurt the worst, and some days I can barely use my hands. After any time sitting, my legs feel stiff and unstable for a few steps, then get better. Every joint in my body seems to hurt sporadically, but my hands, knees, and ankles are the worst. My RA factor came up normal, but my sed rate has been high for a year. Every doctor I see wants to treat each joint separately, with one wanting to do exploratory surgery on my ankles. I have an appointment with a reumatologist after Christmas, but I am in pain and unable to sleep so I was hoping for some help or advice before that. I cannot take NSAIDs because if I take them for more than 2 days, I get severe intestinal bleeding. The only thing that helps is prednisone, which completely stops the pain and swelling, but they won't give it to me for more than 5 days. Does this sound like early RA to anyone here? Anything else likely? Thanks for any help or advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2017, 11:37 AM   #2
momof1child
(female)

momof1child HB User
Re: Could this be RA?

Hi CYG I am 41 and have had these symptoms for 3-4 years I am tired of it now as it limits my activity. I am to young for this and so are you. The process of going to the doctor is so long and seems to come up with not much relief. I cant say that I have any answers but I CAN say we are in the same boat and I am very sorry.

The Following User Says Thank You to momof1child For This Useful Post:
Cyg (09-28-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 08:45 PM   #3
Cyg
(female)

Cyg HB User
Re: Could this be RA?

I am sorry you are dealing with all of this as well. I have found that the only thing that helps me is prednisone, and I just finished my 3rd course of it in 2 months. I'll go back for more every few weeks when the pain and swelling come back, until I can finally see a rheumatologist. Hope you get some answers!

Reply Reply