It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Fibromyalgia (?)

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #1
    Matiamou14
    (female)

Matiamou14 HB User
    Fibromyalgia (?)

Wondering if anyone can help or shed some light
    I think I have " Fibromyalgia "
    I've been in constant pain the last 2.5 months
    With sleepless nights I've seen a revmatologos and that shed no light
    Blood test came back normal aside from white cells being high 15.680
    Symptoms are constant pain
    Soles of feet and hands feel swollen Fingers hurt
    Feel pain on standing up ( walk like a stick man) Hips arms I don't think there's a part of me that doesn't hurt
    The pain seems endless and almost unbearable

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2017, 06:15 PM   #2
    nickich
    (female)

nickich HB User
    Re: Fibromyalgia (?)

There's no specific test to diagnose it (as far as I know), and I have found that quite a few doctors are not familiar with Fibromyalgia. BOY DO I KNOW!! I didnít know anything about it until my new doctor (at the time, around 1998) diagnosed it. I had to ask him what it was, because I had never heard of fibromyalgia before. BUT I was sooooo excited to have a name for my pain!! That's pretty sick, isn't it? I couldn't help it. I had been in pain for many years since my car accident in 1982, but he was the one who finally gave it a name. After that, I asked my back surgeon at the time about fibro Ė he didnít believe in it. So not all the doctors are aware of the disease, or they donít believe in it. The symptoms overlap with many other illnesses, so it's possible to be misdiagnosed. Don't be discouraged if you need to see a few different doctors. Not every doctor understands fibromyalgia well. ... Even with a doctor who is very experienced with fibromyalgia, diagnosis can take time. This can be frustratingófor the patient and the doctor. You might call some of the Rheumatism/Arthritis doctor's offices and ask them if they treat fibro. Once you find one, then he can make sure that's what you have.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:35 AM   #3
    Matiamou14
    (female)

Matiamou14 HB User

Thank you so much for your reply and advice and sharing
    Know the feeling I too felt relieved too having been confirmed yesterday after so many test leading to no where
    ( so we are both sick excuse the pun )
    Am sorry to hear about your accident ( read somewhere that shock plays a role too ) Do you still have Fibro ? Have you managed to find something that helps you at least ? Saw my revmatologos yesterday wants to put me on cortisone for awhile and if that doesn't help an anti depressant called Cymbalta ( in Greece might have another name elsewhere ) Will also try reflexology ( she seemed to know about Fibro ) Apparently liver plays a big role.... I say what the hell might as well give it a try
    If u have anything more to share would appreciate and will let u know re reflexologist
    ( have u tried ?)
    Take care
    Nicky

Old 09-05-2017, 04:15 AM   #4
    nickich
    (female)

nickich HB User
    Cool Re: Fibromyalgia (?)

Yes, Matiamou14, I still have Fibro - I don't think there's a cure yet. I'm on an antidepressant and pain pills. I finally stopped the addictive kind and am now taking amitriptyline and Zoloft. BUT since my double spinal fusion surgery 3 months ago, my fibro has gone crazy! I traded my back pain for neuropathy! My luck! Anyway, please do let me know how reflexology turns out for you!! I have been thinking about trying acupuncture myself. It cured my Bells Palsy a couple of years ago. Who knows..... Let me know!

Old 09-16-2017, 10:06 PM   #5
    Matiamou14
    (female)

Matiamou14 HB User

Hi again .... just a follow up on reflexologist
    I gave it a try ( pain was intense) but being alternative medical approach she claims my pain is mainly due to toxins Therefore liver needs to be cleaned She will be away for a month but will definitely give it another chance She proposed a complicated diet ( which I know I will never do i.e. eating duck and rabbit just an example ) Cut out carbs on and only bio
    Have been swimming in the sea last 10 days has helped me mentally ( sea water very kind in order to do certain movements) but once out feel the pain all over again
    Sorry not to have been able to shed more light

Old 09-17-2017, 10:38 AM   #6
    nickich
    (female)

nickich HB User
    Talking Re: Fibromyalgia (?)

Hi Matiamou14,
    I remember a couple of years ago my daughter gave me a gift card for a 1 hour massage. Welllll...... Right after I got up, I was so dizzy and sick.... I walked out and got sick in the parking lot. I couldn't hardly drive home. They said it was toxins that the massage worked out.

As far as no carbs... I have been a low carb diet and lost 70 pounds. I know that helped my back a lot. I just had a spinal fusion (ALIF) from L4 to S1. It hasn't been easy and fibro makes it even harder for recovery!

Let me know if the reflexology helps!
    Take care.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:22 AM   #7
    Matiamou14
    (female)

Matiamou14 HB User

Will do
    You take care too

The following user gives a hug of support to Matiamou14:
    nickich (09-17-2017)
    Reply Reply