It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• CT Scan found multiple liver lesions... Scared

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-02-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
    andrealee
    (female)

andrealee HB User
    Red face CT Scan found multiple liver lesions... Scared

I have never posted on anything like this before, but I've also never been so scared as I am now. Not sure anyone will have any insight or advice, but it's worth a shot as I am beyond scared. I'm 40, have two daughters (11 and 7) that I homeschool. The thought of this being something bad is overwhelming me.

I've had pain in my right side and more recently middle diaphragm area for years. I've been constantly told it was nothing all the way to maybe gallbladder. On the 14th I had a laparoscopy done to look for suspected endometriosis and to remove ovarian cysts. No endo was found and the cysts had disappeared. I had the typical chest pain from the air they put in during the procedure. It went away and then returned several days later. Called the doctor and the nurse said it wouldn't be the air returning, that perhaps it was gallbladder and to see my primary doctor.

Went to see primary who ordered an ultrasound. US showed gallbladder to be fine, but a mass on liver was discovered. Said possible hemangioma but needed CT to confirm. Had CT which found multiple liver lesions as well as a cyst on adrenal gland. I was then immediately sent to a gastro/hepatologist for further evaluation. He ordered a slew of blood tests (regular blood work showed no issues with liver) and an MRI. I am currently waiting on the blood work results and for the MRI, which won't be for a couple more weeks. Will post the CT comments below, but would love to hear any similar experiences and advice.

LIVER: There is a lobulated mass in the right hepatic lobe, on the junction of segment 6 and 7, measuring 1.3 x 1.3 cm. In the caudate lobe, there is a larger lobulated hypoechoic mass measuring 3.7 cm x 3.7 cm. There is a subtle nodular enhancement of these lesions, without central filling. In segment 8, there is a 1 cm hypodensity within the 8 mm hypodensity, which are less conspicuous on the delayed phase. No intrahepatic biliary dilation. Patent portal vein.

ADRENALS: 1.8 cm left adrenal nodule

Comment from the radiologist:
    Multiple lobulated hypodense masses in the right lobe of the liver, the largest in the caudate lobe. While the lesion of the caudate demonstrates a few nodules of peripheral enhancement, there is no central filling. Additionally, there is no significant central filling of the smaller lesions. While these could represent atypical hemangiomas, further characterization with abdominal MRI with and without intravenous contrast is recommended.

1.8 cm left adrenal nodule, which is of fat density, likely a benign adenoma.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2017, 08:47 AM   #2
    mary716
    (female)

mary716 HB User
    Re: CT Scan found multiple liver lesions... Scared

I'm a novice so I really only know what I read in health related books but one of the things that I would do is a liver cleanse...from what I've read people do have gallstones in their liver.
    ..just maybe that's all you need...expecially if you have a pretty good diet and don't have any really unhealthy habits. Wishing you all the best!

Last edited by Administrator; 09-03-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    ct scan, liver, liver cyst