It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Not sure what's wrong but at my wits end always sick.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2017, 09:11 AM   #1
leb18
(female)

leb18 HB User
Not sure what's wrong but at my wits end always sick.

Hi everyone. Not sure where to post this, I made this account today. I知 almost 19, female. I知 put on antibiotics/steroids about 11 times a year. This all started around age 14. That year I also got a horrible case of chicken pox from my dad's shingles, although I was vaccinated. doc said I was the 2% and it was an oddly bad case.

The only known illness in my family is my dad's lupus.

I致e never had my blood taken or any type of tests done because I知 told I値l grow out of it, and I try not to talk about all of these issues in fear of stressing my family put plus medical costs but it痴 difficult lately. I feel like I've pushed all my problems aside and now typing it out seems like a lot. These are my reoccurring/constant symptoms.

abscesses, plantar wart, the flu, sinus infections, strep the most, acute pharyngitis
yeast infections, diarrhea a few times a weak, chronic mouth ulcers, night sweats/having to wash the sheets constantly, chronic cough
noo appetite, vertigo, extremely tired no energy, restless leg and legs falling asleep a ton, sore back and neck, nausea, panic attacks and severe anxiety, muscle pain, daily headaches sometimes horrible migraines,
paper pale, recently my porcelain makeup is too dark for my skin

giant bruises for no apparent reason. have one currently that covers my entire elbow and goes up my arm.

peeing a TON all day and without fail waking up multiple times a night.

a weird one is Allodynia coming in random attacks. I can't even hug people when this happens and even poking my skin hurts so bad to the touch.

a sharp stabbing pain that makes me unable to take deep breaths in my left rib cage up high. I have to take quick breaths and sit still for about five minutes

I get paronychia often and most of my nails are brittle and splitting

also I'm a clean freak, I change my tooth brush, keep my room clean and wash my hands constantly. I don't smoke, I eat healthy. I am underweight as of recently. went from 97 to 84 pounds. (I知 5 ft) I say this because first thing a lot of doctors say is I'm sick because of my lifestyle or depression but I take care of myself. Use to work out at a gym often when I had the energy.

a doctor suggested a tonsillectomy and although I do think taking them out would benefit me since I have tonsil stones and get strep so often, another part of me feels like something else is seriously wrong. like my immune system is not fighting back very well with everything. and I'm tired of constantly filling my body with antibiotics, random medicine and steroids when I'm sick.

I'm not sure where to go that'll take me seriously or what steps to take but I feel somehow dramatically worse lately, like collapsing. No amount of coffee helps so I stopped drinking it. I feel like I知 at my wits end, trying to get through college and work but missing so much due to being sick. Any advice is appreciated, thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Not sure what's wrong but at my wits end always sick.

I would definitely start by getting the tonsils out. I finally had mine out at 25 after achildhood full of hospitalizations, strep, tonsillitis, sinus infections, etc. I am 71 now and NEVER had another case of strep throat, had one sinus infection, flu twice. It made a world of difference. One you get past that, you can see which of the other symptoms remain and work from there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
leb18 (09-28-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I would start with some bloodwork, you could have thyroid issues

The Following User Says Thank You to rosequartz For This Useful Post:
leb18 (09-28-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 01:47 PM   #4
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User

Hello

I would begin with blood work, I don't understand why they haven't done this before with all the ailments you seem to be suffering! Definitely get those tonsils out too, they're serving you no purpose other than to facilitate more illness.

Best of luck with everything, I hope they stumble upon an easy remedy for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragonfly Wings For This Useful Post:
leb18 (09-28-2017)
Old 09-26-2017, 09:14 PM   #5
Okie1997
(female)

Okie1997 HB User

Hi, Please have an ANA test done to check for Lupus. A rhemtologist is the type of doctor you shoud see. I was diagnosed with LUPUS several years ago and your body can attack what they consider to be foreign substances and your body will attack them even if they a good. It is especially important to have it checked out when you are young 20's to 30's. .Lupus is sometime hard to diagnose. However, an abnormal ANA is one test to get your doctor to go forward. Good luck and keep us posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to Okie1997 For This Useful Post:
leb18 (09-28-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 09:15 PM   #6
leb18
(female)

leb18 HB User

Thank you everyone so much for replying. My dad has lupus and I somehow forgot to mention that my aunt on my mom's side actually has lupus and tons of complications along with it, so it runs on both sides of my family. I plan on getting tested very soon and getting general blood work done as well.

Reply Reply