It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

plavix alternative??

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2017, 11:11 AM   #1
natural54
(female)

natural54 HB User
plavix alternative??

I have a viabahn fabric stent in left leg and was told by Dr to stay on Plavix indefinitely and with the Plavix to take Omeprazole and baby aspirin, I was told at first it would be for 6 months and then we will see and then was told one year and then another 6 months and then after a year and a half was told to keep taking it indefinitely and that they were advising all their Viabahn stent patients to keep taking Plavix. I have trouble with my mouth and quit taking omeprazole cause of the side effects and then my IBS started acting up so am trying to find an alternative to Omeprazole and had to start taking it again but want to quit if I can find a better stomach protector. The viabahn stent was placed inside of a medicated metal stent Zilver something that had closed up within 5 months of insertion, and the Viabahn stent has been in over a year and a half with slight narrowing at the end but has given me no problems and I can hike and walk and do what I want at mid 70's. I want to know if anyone knows or takes Plavix with just aspirin and if there has been any problems. Have had some bladder issues and saw some association to Plavix and my IBS symptoms, anyone experience some of that also on Plavix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply