It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• White blood cell count 41 from critically low 4 days ago

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-21-2018, 05:17 PM   #1
    2manyshoes
    (female)

2manyshoes HB User
    White blood cell count 41 from critically low 4 days ago

Hi everyone, it has been a long time posting, I really need some advice from you guys.
    Long story short my oldest stepson developed H1N1 and turned septic, he was life flighted to a hospital that had a life saving ecmo lung machine which saved his life. He went from a 10 percent chance of living to being a miricle man in the ICU, thank God. Today is the 31st day since all this happened and he passed the 28 day mark. His kidneys are not working and he still is in ICU getting dyalasis (sp) every other day. They think his kidneys will come back due to his age (37) and he was healthy proir to becoming sick and a nonsmoker. He has been diagnosed with ARDS (acute respitory distress syndrone) and he had 3 good days (ate a cracker and drank some apple juice) yesterday. He seemed like himself just tired, weak and confused about not remembering the last month (typical normal reaction) from what he has been through this last month.
    His white blood cell count was very low 4 days ago. Two days ago it was 16 and today it is 41. That is very high and from what I am reading could this have been part of him being septic and affecting all his organs?

The nurse said it could be from stress, inflamation, infection, ect. and they had ran some tests and we would know more tommorow.

Has anyone here ever heard someone that went from so dangerouly low to way high in a matter of days? They did give him steroids a couple of days ago because he had an allergic reaction to one of the many meds he has been on and they did say that it would raise his wbcc up to normal numbers (9-14) but this number he has now (41) is off the charts.

Any advice, simular experiences is greatly appreciated. Thanks~worried mom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply