It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Luxapro for breakup

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-02-2018, 05:44 AM   #1
    needhelp8
    (female)

needhelp8 HB User
    Luxapro for breakup

Hey guys!!

This is my first time posting on these boards, so hello. Let me tell you a little backstory before I get into the nitty gritty. So my boyfriend and I were on and off for almost 3 years. He has abandonment issues as well as adoption issues and while growing up, his parents werent in a good relationship. So he's pretty unstable if im going to be completely honest. But a couple weeks before the breakup he was finally telling me everything that ive wanted to hear from the start. Saying how he could finally see a future with me, and telling me how vunerable he felt. Just stuff that you say and dont just change your mind on in 2 weeks. In January, he broke up with me at the beginning of the month. Of course, i was shocked because how can feelings like that just change in a matter of weeks? So since January, ive tried getting together with him a handful of times which always result in him making up excuses. Then, i found out this weekend that he had a girl from work spend the night at his place. Of course this completely devastated me, and now there is really no hope of getting back together. I havent been able to eat/drink/be myself. I keep constantly thinking about them being together and feel super manic. My mom doesnt even know about this relationship, so she thinks im just having anxiety problems and told me she thinks i should go on luxapro. Has anyone had luxapro prescribed for breakup related reasons? What are your experiences with it? Thanks so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Luxapro for breakup

Meds aren't going to change how you think.....I suggest counselling so that you can sort your thoughts and feelings about rejection, codependency, and deal with the attachment and future hopes you are holding onto with your ex.

I totally understand your confusion of what your ex said and then did, and it seems you aren't in his plans. Contact with him will continue a dysfunctional relationship and will more than likely set you up for more personal disappointment and hurt.

Just want to add that there is an addictive quality to relationships that are dysfunctional or codependent.....and it's the hope that fuels the calm after the storm.

Please seek counselling. The medication is a good adjunct during the process if it's needed.
    As well, discussing it with your mom might be a good thing.....that way the effort and stress of hiding it won't compound what you're going through. While I obviously don't know your mom, if she is receptive to understanding, she might be able to give you support in moving forward.

Please keep us updated.

q

Reply Reply

Tags
    anxiety, breakup, depredssion, lexapro