It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

  • Do I need to see an ENT specialist?

  • Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 05-04-2018, 12:15 PM   #1
    Testroet's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2018
    Posts: 2
    Testroet HB User
    Do I need to see an ENT specialist?

    Hello! I went in to urgent care last summer for an ear infection in my right ear. They said they didn't see anything and I was fine. I insisted I wasn't, so they gave me ear drops. They didn't give me any directions on how long and often to use them though. I went scuba diving in January, and the two months after I was having these recurring ear infections in my right ear that would last a few days and go away, because I'd use my extra ear drops. I also noticed when I equalized my ears, the right one would make a long, loud squealing noise. I finally decided to get it checked by urgent care because they seemed to be getting worse and I noticed my nose kept running. Turns out, I had a sinus infection that went untreated for a long time, most likely from last summer, so there was fluid in my ear. They said scuba diving just aggravated it. They gave me the same ear drops but with instructions this time. I used them daily as well as Flonase and Zrytec. She said to do it for two months and if it doesn't get better, to go to an ENT specialist. The ear infection and runny nose have gone away. My only concern is, when I equalize my ears now, my right now seems muffled. I have another dive trip planned for August. Does this sounds normal, or should I make an appointment with an ENT?

    Reply With Quote
    Sponsors Lightbulb
    Old 05-04-2018, 04:58 PM   #2
    Senior Veteran
    Join Date: Apr 2005
    Location: Birmingham, AL
    Posts: 20,087
    Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Do I need to see an ENT specialist?

    Since you have another dive planned, I'd go see an ENT.

    Reply With Quote
    Reply Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    I am newly diagnosed with Grave's disease &hypothyroidism Gob Thyroid Disorders 30 09-13-2012 11:32 AM
    Specialist Visit vs Outpatient Facility Charge mn123 Health Insurance - SSDI Issues 0 07-13-2012 07:22 AM
    ENT specialist for anxiety? sammy242 Anxiety 1 10-09-2011 09:01 PM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:28 AM.

    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!