It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Brain Zaps, Thyroid problems?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
    Bjh9978
    (female)

Bjh9978 HB User
    Brain Zaps, Thyroid problems?

Hello. I was hoping for some insight and information based on my current symptoms. I am really struggling and concerned.

Current Dx: Endometriosis, DVT (blood clot), sarcoidosis (pulmonary lesion), hernia in groin, Vit D deficiency, one-time Seizure, anemic (borderline), premenopausal, ovarian cysts

Hx: In 2000, I was diagnosed with endometriosis after a minor surgery to confirm based on symptoms.

Hx: In 2014, I noticed pain in my lungs as well as difficulty in getting a “full breath”. I had a chest X-ray and a CT scan that showed a “spot” on my lungs. I was then referred to UC hospital and a biopsy was completed and cancer, bacteria, fungus, were all ruled out. It was then suggested by my physician that I may have sarcoidosis. The lesion has not moved or changed in size since found in 2014.

Hx: In 2014 I was in for a minor surgery to remove a hernia in my groin area as well as a “scraping” of my endometriosis, I awoke with a large blood clot in my right leg. I was hospitalized for a week to get my cumadon levels up to 7.5. Eventually, my blood clot was reported as attached and “no longer a concern”. The hernia, on the other hand, was still there even after the surgery.

Hx: In 2014, after my hospital stay for my blood clot, I had a seizure in my home. This was my first any only seizure. I had a EKG completed as well as another CT scan done with no understanding of why I had the seizure. I was on tramadol at the time for my blood clot in my leg and they reported it could have been from the tramadol.

Current symptoms:

Brain zaps: these are extremely painful and happen if I move my head too quick when I awake, or right when I am falling asleep, if I bend over too quickly, and whenever I am having a bowel movement. This happened for about 2 months during October 2017, but came back a week ago much stronger and happens 3-5 times a day.

Tingling on top of my head: this almost feels like a bug is crawling in the same spot right on top of my head (I have confirmed that there are no bugs on my head). This has been going on for about 3 days now.

Headache: this has started a week ago and only goes away with Motrin or Tylenol

Constipation: I don’t feel this, but I only have 1-2 bowel movements every two weeks.

Extreme Fatigue

Problems staying asleep

Vit. D Deficiency

Pain in my lungs

Small hard bumps on my forearms: these do not itch, just showed up this summer

Anxiety: this has increased in last several months

Irrability: it feels almost like a “grumpy headache”. This has been for a couple weeks.

Current Medication:
    Aspirin for blood clots, 2000 iu Vit D, multi vitamin, fish oil

Test Results: (All normal range except what is listed below):
    TSH:
    7/21/14: 2.79
    6/2/15: 2.19
    6/3/16: 5.50
    6/22/16: 2.57
    6/29/18: 8.03
    7/30/18: 6.49

Free T4:
    6/22/16: 0.9
    7/30/18: 1.17

Vitamin D 25OH:
    6/29/18: 29.7

I would appreciate any insight or suggestions at this point!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2018, 04:39 PM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Brain Zaps, Thyroid problems?

Dear Bjh,

Thyroid test values are different by different labs. We need to see the lab ranges.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:00 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Brain Zaps, Thyroid problems?

Have you considered seeing a neurologist? One of the symptoms you mentioned, bending forward and getting zapped could be L"Hermittes...this is a symptom of MS and a few other neurological diseases. I have MS, you are listing quite a few symptoms which I also have:
    Headache, Constipation: I don’t feel this, but I only have 1-2 bowel movements every two weeks, Extreme Fatigue, Problems staying asleep, Vit. D Deficiency,
    Anxiety: this has increased in last several months and Irritability.

I am not suggesting you have MS; but I do think a visit to a neurologist to rule out any similar or like conditions would be a good idea.

Reply Reply