It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Tensions

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-28-2018, 04:51 AM   #1
    JerryM
    (male)

JerryM HB User
    Tensions

hi i am Jerry and i am new here and i joined the community to get the tips about "how to get rid of useless, painful thoughts" and how to get rid of painful past? I just cant handle it anymore. please do help me about if it has cure or solution?

Jerry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2018, 09:38 AM   #2
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
    Re: Tensions

Hi Jerry,

This requires a change in your thought process and the ability to forgive yourself, others and then being able to let it all go.

Working with a Psychotherapist that does Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy(CBT) would be a good first step. This is not a quick fix (there is no quick fix) and will require hard work on your part and a lot of patience, but it can be very beneficial.

Old 11-28-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

The hardest part is the introspection and dealving into and dealing with the thoughts that are creating a painful reaction.

Therapy or counseling is your best avenue to learn how to accept the past events, and then to understand how to reorganise and rethink those thoughts into a less painful result.

Stopping thoughts is impossible if there are events that happened and we are still grieving....intervening in the thought cycle with rarationale and logic is usually a goal in cognitibe behavioural therapy. But there is a process depending on if it has created reactions and behaviours that have changed our functioning and abilities to cope in general.

I sought therapy one on one. My first therapist was a selfish and demeaning person (expletive). My second therapist literally gave me my life back.

Group therapy would never have been good for me, and while I see a value to it for some.....i also see it as a hindrance to proper introspection and self- evaluation if one has issues of being easily influenced and overwhelmed by others. While the easily-influenced wasn't my issue, I prefered to be purposefully selfish to focus on me, and I didn't want to listen to everyone else's issues to lessen mine.

Therapy is serious stuff....and my thoughts are that one's experience is only as who you have it with. Meaning one cannot control who will be there or who will take over or be irritated by having others around, etc. We come to realise we have control to leave, refuse, etc when situations will not work for us.

Hope you find what works for you.....the first step is admitting the need for assistance and willingness to examine and deal with one's own thoughts. A difficult task.....but so worth the effort, because life will always have painful events and thoughts to deal with.

q

Last edited by quincy; 11-28-2018 at 11:46 AM.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:12 AM   #4
    markus34
    (male)

markus34 HB User

Try to find something which will distract you from those bad thoughts. If it doesn't work you can try psychological therapy

Reply Reply