It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Thyroid disorder and Diabetes

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
Yehia
(male)

Yehia HB User
Thyroid disorder and Diabetes

Hi, I am 53 years old, and had type 2 diabetes since 10 years. I am currently taking Janumet 50/500 with novonorm 0.5 pills twice a day with meals. Since 6 months back, I had palpitations and the heart doctor prescribed me rytmonorm 150mg 3 times daily, which I took for 4 months and for 10 days I took Cordarone. Lately I have a slow glucose metabolism so after my meals my glucose blood levels remain high 220-280 until I exercise. Once I start walking for 20-30 min, it drops sharply to 80-140 levels
My diabetes doctor is advising me to take Euthyrox 50 mg, as she thinks it is affecting my glucose clearance, while my heart doctor disagree as she thinks that as long as the FT3 and FT4 are in the normal range the Euthyrox is not needed and will increase my palpitations
Since 6 months back and allover my life I never had any abnormal thyroid results, only recently in the last 6 weeks results were as follows
FT3: 2.99, 3.31 (normal 1.7-4.2)
FT4: 1.27 , 1.28(normal 0.75-1.56)
TSH: 5.425, 6.596 (normal 0.55-4.78)
(Anti TG) Abs 3.2, 4.6 ( normal less than 4.1)
Antimicrosomal Ab (Anti TPO) 16.9, 18.8 ( normal up to 5.6)
Please advice with your opinion
Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2018, 08:35 AM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Thyroid disorder and Diabetes

Dear Yehia,

I agree with your doctor that you need to not mess with your endocrine system. Slow metabolism is about not enough exercise, lack of muscle tone and what you eat.

Muscle is what uses the excess carbs and sugar. The body cannot be managed by drugs alone. We need to build up muscle mass and work our muscles, plus lower our simple carb intake to almost zero.

That means no pure sugar, syrup or flour or root products at all, until your sugar level is managed, and then keep those foods to a bare minimum.

Your heart will thank you for it. You will get more energy, feel better and you can reverse the diabetes.

Reply Reply