It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Bicep Tightness

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #1
    PabloC08
    (male)

PabloC08 HB User
    Unhappy Bicep Tightness

About 5 years ago, I was going through a tough period in my life. I was doing IT work at a major corporation. We had survived about 10 layoffs but our work crew had been reduced 90%. While they had terminated many contracts, the ones remaining still kept us very busy. We were forced to wear many hats and do many jobs that we were uncomfortable with.

On the personal side, I did and still do have a supportive wife. During that time, I was having some financial and divorce issues with my ex-wife and eldest son. Also I had to break two friendships with lifelong friends due to their vices and other issues. Basically I had a lot of frustrations.

At our facility there were 3 of us left in a large isolated, cubical area, enclosed for security reasons. On Friday afternoons, due to different schedules, I had the area all to myself. Usually I would use it to work out or just do training. But I got in a bad habit of voicing my frustrations by talking to myself. Overtime, I got louder and louder and would occasionally yell. One day, I got really angry. I was yelling when I felt a pain start in my right chest. It shot through my upper right arm. I thought I was having a stroke or heart attack so I quickly calmed down. To my knowledge I never had any stroke signs and don't think it was a heart attack.

But since that day, my upper arm, my bicep, has been very tight. In fact it never has loosened fully. Someone asked if it was due to me being right-handed and working out in the past. It is bigger and stronger than my left arm but it was never tight like this. Also, occasionally when I'm stressed or mad, I feel a small pain deep inside the muscle.

I've tried every stretch I know but can't loosen. Been to a chiropractor who doesn't use the traditional hard methods. He uses a tool like an air hammer. It helps sometimes but only for awhile. The general doctor can't see anything wrong. On his advice I use mineral oil at night and that helps loosen them. I use it on both arms due to working in IT for 35 years. A physical therapist thought it was a pinched nerve caused or aggravated by years of bad posture and a weak muscle core.
    1. Has anyone heard of such a thing?
    2. Could anger make the muscle balloon and stay that way?
    3. Could the pain be a pinched nerve?
    4. Could it be a blocked blood vessel?
    5. Any ideas on a remedy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    anger, arm, bicep, pain, tightness