It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Random chills and feeling cold every afternoon at around 5-6pm

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-20-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
    ryann1990
    (male)

ryann1990 HB User
    Random chills and feeling cold every afternoon at around 5-6pm

I get pains in my pelvis and I come out in goosebumps its the weirdest thing I did think it was fatigue or anxiety but the cold/chills are actually painful and when I feel my hands and feet they are freezing when experiencing this. I also get pains in my hips and knees as well as headaches with a kind of flu like sensation in my body with extreme tiredness and general malaise this happens everyday always around the afternoon and sticks around sometimes long into the evenings.

I have been the doctors but they seem to be at a loss with it all my bloods for thyroid,B 12, Lupus, ANA, vit levels and white and red cell counts appear to be normal.

Some one once did mention adrenal fatigue possibly but not sure if thats even a real thing anyways.

I did suspect cancer for a bit due to lymph node swelling in my groin and the fact I am always chronically tired and have lost large amounts of weight in the last three months but the blood tests say otherwise.

Once my lymph glands in my groin swelled up and blood came out of my penis as well as the penis swelling double the size which was very painful. I have seen Urology and they don't seem to be too worried as the pelvic scan was normal and my urine tested negative for infection so I am at a loss with it really.

I have had these tests so far

MRI:
    Brain
    Pelvis

Blood work (all appear normal) :
    Vitamin levels
    ANA profile
    ESR
    CK
    CRP
    Full blood count
    Testosterone
    Thyroid function
    HIV - NEGATIVE
    STD tests all negative

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Random chills and feeling cold every afternoon at around 5-6pm

Hi ryann,

Are you taking any medication, either over-the-counter or by prescription? Are you taking any supplements? Are you eating any foods that contain supplements? Did you change your diet in any way?

Are you getting enough calories to keep yourself warm? Do you still feel cold after eating dinner?

Old 03-20-2019, 01:39 PM   #3
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryann1990 View Post
    I get pains in my pelvis and I come out in goosebumps its the weirdest thing I did think it was fatigue or anxiety but the cold/chills are actually painful and when I feel my hands and feet they are freezing when experiencing this. I also get pains in my hips and knees as well as headaches with a kind of flu like sensation in my body with extreme tiredness and general malaise this happens everyday always around the afternoon and sticks around sometimes long into the evenings.

I have been the doctors but they seem to be at a loss with it all my bloods for thyroid,B 12, Lupus, ANA, vit levels and white and red cell counts appear to be normal.

Some one once did mention adrenal fatigue possibly but not sure if thats even a real thing anyways.

I did suspect cancer for a bit due to lymph node swelling in my groin and the fact I am always chronically tired and have lost large amounts of weight in the last three months but the blood tests say otherwise.

Once my lymph glands in my groin swelled up and blood came out of my penis as well as the penis swelling double the size which was very painful. I have seen Urology and they don't seem to be too worried as the pelvic scan was normal and my urine tested negative for infection so I am at a loss with it really.

I have had these tests so far

MRI:
    Brain
    Pelvis

Blood work (all appear normal) :
    Vitamin levels
    ANA profile
    ESR
    CK
    CRP
    Full blood count
    Testosterone
    Thyroid function
    HIV - NEGATIVE
    STD tests all negative
    Ryan it is indeed very frustrating to have symptoms such as these with nothing showing up on your tests so far. In many autoimmune diseases, symptoms can precede laboratory evidence by months or years. This results in delayed diagnosis and much frustration for both patients and their doctors. Itís important if symptoms persist to have tests repeated periodically especially blood tests which can be done easily. Every six to 12 months is reasonable for the tests that can change over time or fluctuate widely. I have some questions for you as well. Is the weight loss accompanied by loss of appetite? How much weight loss and over what period of time have you had? Do your fingers turn bluish when they are so cold? Have you ever taken your temperature an hour after the chills? Itís important to establish if you are ever running fevers and chills precede fever often. When your lymph nodes are enlarged, has a dr checked them and the other node areas of your body? If nodes are persistently enlarged for over a month and are bigger than a centimeter diameter, a biopsy could be considered. Do you get sweats out of the blue or at night? These are things important to report. I hope you get some answers soon. Diagnosis often takes time as some illnesses develop slowly. Patience and perseverance usually pay off.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:43 AM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

This could very well be viral and it would not show up on any tests....try making sure you are eating a balanced meal 3 times a day; stay away from alcohol and cigarettes and make sure you are getting 8 hours of sleep each night. More if you need it..

It could very well be a virus which has to make its way out of your system. Fight it by taking extra good care of yourself!

Reply Reply

Tags
    chills and body aches, diagnosis, sickness, unknown illness