It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Moth Wings Fluttering In My Ear

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-27-2019, 03:26 PM   #1
    iMShondra
    (female)

iMShondra HB User
    Moth Wings Fluttering In My Ear

This is a first for me! There is no actual moth in my ear but a few nights ago while I was out walking my dog, my hair was down and thought a moth flew into my hair by my right ear. I began using my hands to shake my hair. So my thought was a moth.

That is until last night when I laid my right ear on my pillow and this sound was so loud and freaked me out. Sitting up in my bed, I put my finger in my ear thinking I laid down on a moth...that's when I remembered the other night this happened too.

The fluttering stopped so I laid back down and it happened again. Lasting longer than the brief one. I got out of bed and put cotton in my ear while it was still fluttering.

I was thinking brain aneurysm or stroke...it was late and decided to lay down again. I did and fell asleep....that is until just before 6 am this morning. The fluttering woke me up out of a sound sleep.

Went to hospital and after about 2 hour wait, the doctor referred me to ENT (Ear, nose, throat)...now the wait.

I tried to explain the noise I heard but didn't realize till I got home that it sounded like a moth in my ear. I Googled moth in ear and found a bunch of people have this too. Just praying this doesn't happen again hut atleadt I kmow it's happening to others too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2019, 12:15 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Moth Wings Fluttering In My Ear

Hi there . Anything from water in the ear to an inner ear infection can cause what you are talking about...an ENT is your best bet because they can do the correct tests to get to the bottom of this. In the meantime, do not worry and whatever you do, do not put anything in your ear...including qtips! Just let it be.
    You can always call the ENT office and ask them to call you if there are any cancellations to get in sooner. Sometimes this does work!

Good luck!

Reply Reply

Tags
    sound in ear