It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• I am a smoker and having little swelling and pain in sternoclavicular joint and neck

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-28-2019, 01:10 AM   #1
    mohd
    (male)

mohd HB User
    I am a smoker and having little swelling and pain in sternoclavicular joint and neck

I was diagnosed to tuberculosis of sternoclavicular joint five years back, I completed the treatment that went for approximately 13 months(i once discontinued) . after my treatment there was no pain or any other symptoms of any illness, but since I am a smoker (6 cigarettes per day ) I felt mild pain in the neck and shoulders time to time , but the pain doesn't continue for more than a week ever, but now it has been five months I am feeling the same pain in my lymph nodes and sternoclavicular joint which gets worse every time I smoke and reaches its peak before I smoke my first cigarette around 11 am. after that it remains mild for the rest of the day. the pain I feel is like that of a burn spot in my throat and I also feel like my neck muscles are getting too rigid. is there any chance that I may have developed some serious infection or some other illness in all these years. I am literally trying to quit smoking and I am getting close to it as I already reduced the number of cigarettes I was smoking in the past. I also suffer from tinnitus for the last 5 years (started during medication for tuberculosis)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2019, 05:48 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: I am a smoker and having little swelling and pain in sternoclavicular joint and n

Yes you can develop a serious infection from smoking called cancer.

Think about smoked meat. That's what you are doing to your living tissue. The pain increases every time you smoke. So that should be a clue.
    Once you do have cancer it is not a simple thing to get rid of.

I enjoyed smoking for about three months. I am a nail biter and if I smoked I didn't bite my nails. But when I heard my lungs rattling from the smoking I stopped smoking.

If you want to live a healthy life you need a different pastime than smoking before it's too late. The body can repair itself if you stop injuring it with smoke and tobacco tar.

Only a doctor can find out if you waited too long. Please get in to get this checked out.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:04 AM   #3
    mohd
    (male)

mohd HB User
    Re: I am a smoker and having little swelling and pain in sternoclavicular joint and n

thank you, ma'am, for providing an honest reply.
    this time I will definitely quit smoking, but I am hoping that it may not have caused serious trouble that I am unaware of.

Old 03-28-2019, 06:44 AM   #4
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear mohd,

You're welcome. I too hope you get good news.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:16 AM   #5
    HelpfulMin
    (female)

HelpfulMin HB User

Have you had your cervical spine checked for any narrowing and/or look up brain dural fistula if you have pulsitile tinnitis. I haven't had TB but I've had the symptoms you describe and I had cervical stenosis and brain dural fistula which aren't related but I'm thinkimg it happened at the same time. No test to know how or when but I hope you get to the bottom of your symtoms.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HelpfulMin For This Useful Post:
    mohd (09-12-2019)
    Old 09-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #6
    razzle50

razzle50 HB User

want to let you know on july 16 i was taken to the er cause I was having problems breathing .. me being a smoker started at age 16 . when i was released from hospital I put the cigs down and havent had one since . thought it would be hard but it wasnt .. Give it a try you never know . it definatly would help you .. also too i live with a smoker. best wishes and Prayers

Old 09-12-2019, 03:52 AM   #7
    mohd
    (male)

mohd HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HelpfulMin View Post
    Have you had your cervical spine checked for any narrowing and/or look up brain dural fistula if you have pulsitile tinnitis. I haven't had TB but I've had the symptoms you describe and I had cervical stenosis and brain dural fistula which aren't related but I'm thinkimg it happened at the same time. No test to know how or when but I hope you get to the bottom of your symtoms.
    yes i am having tinnitus for the past 5 years, i discussed to the doctor, and he suggested for X-RAY of the sternoclavicular joint , there is no abnormality visible in it.

Old 09-12-2019, 04:18 AM   #8
    mohd
    (male)

mohd HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HelpfulMin View Post

yes I am having tinnitus for approximately six years. there is no burning sensation in the throat now, the pain is still there in the sternoclavicular joint, I had discussed it with the doctor and he suggested to get an x-ray. x-ray seems to be normal to him. I had never checked for cervical stenosis but I searched about it after reading about your suggestion. there are some symptoms like shoulder pain and pain in hands and I get numbness in my feet, on standing after sitting for like even 10 minutes, which are similar for that of cervical stenosis.

Reply Reply