It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Gerd

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-23-2019, 09:59 AM   #16
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Gerd

Dear Crablegs,

Have you had your thyroid levels checked?
    I also have been prescribed B12 injections that I need twice a week. B12 has to be injected.

Please also add cooked vegetables in the diet as we must have the fiber and vitamins and enzymes, etc. We even need healthy oils such as cold pressed olive oil. That and real butter is the only fat/oil I use. I can digest those just fine.

If you begin using pro and pre biotics every day the digestion will mend itself.

Let me know how you are doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2019, 06:31 AM   #17
    Crablegs
    (female)

Crablegs HB User

Hi Yayagirl. GP took blood Thursday for a TSH test. Is that the thyroid test for levels? I have been eating a limited diet, basically boiled chicken, green beans, eggs and yogurt. I have been able to handle this food without problems but if I try anything else I get stomach pain and heartburn. I am also dealing with my body adjusting to the increase in blood pressure medicine so I am exhausted and not able to exercise like I used to and I know that is supposed to help with digestion and lowering my BP. Thank you for your suggestions, they are very helpful.

Old 04-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #18
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear Crablegs,

Have you been seen by an endocrinologist? TSH is the least effective test to learn whether you would benefit from thyroid supplementation, and which thyroid component to prescribe. I would not go to a GP for thyroid issues, myself. What is the result of your last thyroid test?

However, I don't think stomach upset would be from a thyroid issue. You do need to take it easy while you adjust to the BP med increase.

Let your doctor know your exhaustion symptoms and ask if you can decrease the dose.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:12 AM   #19
    Crablegs
    (female)

Crablegs HB User

Hi Yayagirl. I don't think he will lower the dose as my blood pressure still is kind of high and I have had the increase in Lisinopril for two weeks now. I am actually scared he will increase it again on Tuesday when I see him. I don't know if it is the increase in meds or the blood pressure but I can't deal with the weakness anymore, my anxiety is thru the roof. I might even be having panic attacks now. I was washing dishes today and felt like I was going to faint, had the dizziness and wanted to lay down. I took my blood pressure and it was 138/85 and actually for me that is ok especially what it has been lately but my heart rate was up and I felt panicky. I put off calling the gastro doctor because he isn't going to do a scope on me while my blood pressure is acting up but I know the GP is guessing so I don't want to take any med for IBS from him.

Reply Reply