It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• need advice THANK YOU!!!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-29-2019, 02:43 PM   #1
    minerva999
    (female)

minerva999 HB User
    need advice THANK YOU!!!

hi

I have severe insomnia, typical of people with ME/CFS and fibromyalgia .. insomnia with inversion problems can't sleep at night tired, fatigued and sleepy during the day. I only sleep in short bits, never deep and never long. I am afraid I am just going to drop dead its been going on for so long.

I have had this for over 10 years with it just getting worse and worse. I have tried every sleep med, natural sleep herbal formulas, sleep supplements, biofeedback, hypnosis's, neurofeedback and on and on.

today I saw yet another doctor who "knows" I have sleep apnea it was like going to the worse used car salesman on the planet. he knows nothing about my health problems, wouldn't listen to my history or experience.... just wanted the dollars to get his sleep study done. he told me since I am thin and don't have any "real" symptoms of sleep apnea that I probably have a mild case and then spent 20 minutes telling me about how my CPAP machine will work for me.

I am at my wits end.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-29-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: need advice THANK YOU!!!

Dear minerva,

Each time we see a new doctor we are starting all over again. What the doctor said is the usual beginning stage of dealing with the issue.

FYI, fibromyalgia just means tissue pain. FM is not the name of a specific disease. There is a very broad spectrum of what causes ME/CFS or generalized tissue pain. There is no drug that resolves "FM", as that is too broad of a diagnosis. Some people do well with a CPAP. A doctor that just prescribes a medication without test results or studies is not worth our time. People with similar symptoms will respond well to various treatments. It is all trial and error.

If you can, find a well-experienced doctor stick with him/her. Get copies of all tests you have had done and take them to that doctor.

You may have one or more hormonal imbalances, and many doctors know far too little about hormones or how to treat them. Have you been seen by an Endocrinologist?

Here is a trustworthy resource ~
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20360490

Reply Reply