It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• scs trial

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-25-2019, 06:33 PM   #1
    livinginpain46
    (female)

livinginpain46 HB User
    scs trial

I had spinal cord stimulator trial implant last week for shoulder pain. I woke up the next day with a horrible headache going up the back of my neck and head. My neck was stiff, I couldn't turn my head. I could not lie in bed. It felt like my neck was breaking, and my vision was fuzzy. Tried different settings, and saw a Dr. on Monday (not regular Dr) He said it was procedural pain. What is that? Prescribed muscle relaxers. He told me there was scar tissue from a previous neck surgery, and to take it easy. I had trial removed today. I still can't turn my head. The headache has lessened a little, but my vision is still fuzzy. I still can not lie down in bed. My regular pain Dr. said to have my eyes examined. He asked if I turned off stimulator during trial period, I said yes for a few hours. He said if the pain was there when turned off it is not from the wires. My husband thinks my body was rejecting the wires. Can this be true? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply