It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• What Do You Think is Wrong with me?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-04-2019, 10:59 AM   #1
    Oshawa
    (male)

Oshawa HB User
    What Do You Think is Wrong with me?

Hello,

I would love to share my health concern and struggle. I have this condition that:

I have this burning sensation and this sensation of needles/pins poking through my skin. This attack is more noticed on my arms and legs. It's equally severe on my head.

It is felt on my head when I eat something, mostly warm meals.

This attack is sensitive to long conversation, when I am in warm room or when I walk in the sun.

I also noticed that this attack takes place when I am active or when my metabolism increases either by working, doing physical work, exercise or when in time of anxiety.

I have also noticed that this attack is equally seriously felt on my lower back and my buttocks.

To list some of the tests that I have done and nothing significant has been found out so far:

MRI scan of the brain to rule out MS

CT scan of the Lungs(a mark noticed- suggestive of infectious disease, which I have completed treatment long ago)

Hypercalcimea to rule of high Calcium level in the blood.

Nerves test to rule out any abnormality in the nerves

I have also undergone blood test to rule out small fibre abnormality

I have also undergone test to rule out Autoimmune disorder.

These are some of the tests I can remember right now. However, nothing has been found and the attack has been progressive. It gets worse by the day.

Please, help me, whatever assistant on what to do to find the cause of this problem would be very appreciated.

I must point out that only recently my neurologist told me he ha run out of options on how to treat, it was shattering to hear that.

Please, help me. Please, do help me to find out what is wrong with me and what I must do to stop this before it degenerates to something I would not be able to correct.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2019, 12:19 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: What Do You Think is Wrong with me?

It may be due to stress, leading to a high blood level of cortisol. That's all I can think to say without knowing more about your lifestyle.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:24 AM   #3
    Oshawa
    (male)

Oshawa HB User

Hello,

Thank you so much for your response, it really was nice.

I lead a healthy life, I try to eat as healthy as possible. I don't smoke or drink alcohol at all. I work a lot but I also try to make enough time to rest.

However, I had the most challenging period of my life between 2012 and 2016/2017. I had serious problem using the toilet. To defecate was a real problem and nothing the doctor could find was wrong. This really stressed me up but then from late 2016/early 2017, the situation started to ease up and became manageable.

Although, I am still not completely satisfied as we speak but then it is manageable as I use the toilet regularly but, I think my colons lost some strength in those dark years. This is apparent because I still have to stand up and walk about a bit or drink something warm(like green tea) for my bowel to move. But like I said, this is manageable as long as I use toilet regularly. So I really was stressed in those years.

Having said all that, I am going to visit my doctor soon and ask order high blood level of cortisol test. I am not sure if this is the same as Cushing's syndrome? How do I put it to my doctor? What tests should I order, please? I really would appreciate more clarification on your response and I will keep you posted accordingly.

Thank you so much.

Peace at all times.

Old 09-09-2019, 06:34 AM   #4
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Hi Oshawa,

I think you would just ask your doctor to check your cortisol levels. Usually it will be a measurement in the blood. But it can also be checked with a saliva sample. The result can be high, low or normal. High may indicate stress or a problem with your pituitary gland. Low may indicate Addison's disease, among other things. That will be up to your doctor to decide.

You said you had a problem with bowel movements, and that gives me an idea. It could indicate an imbalance of microorganisms in your lower digestive tract. Sometimes there are not enough good microorganisms to help break down the fiber in your diet and to keep the wall of your small intestine in good repair. In that case you might ask your doctor about the benefits of taking a probiotic. A probiotic contains good microorganisms. But once you get them in your system, you can take a prebiotic to encourage them to multiply.

Sometimes you might not need to take a probiotic. You could first try taking powdered psyllium husk. Hopefully you can find it in a health food store. It's called a prebiotic because it feeds the good microorganisms but not the bad. You can start with one teaspoon in water. Then if necessary you can go up to two or three teaspoons.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:47 PM   #5
    Oshawa
    (male)

Oshawa HB User

Hi there,

My very good mood today describes how happy I am to read back from you.

The information you provided sure would be of great help to me. This is because looking at my test results done earlier in the year(January 2019), it shows my cortisol level is quite low. I had ordered hormonal test then and the result showed just that, plus several other hormonal abnormality. These conditions have since left untreated.

Only yesterday, however, I ordered another round of hormonal test and the result is being awaited. I ordered the test at an independent diagnostic center. Do I need to take the result to a certified endocrinologist for guidelines on possible treatment? I am always very wary of these doctors, they like to take so much money but not doing enough to justify the money they take.

Any suggestions on how to treat low cortisol level if the result returns the same low blood level of cortisol?

Also, the result of the hormonal test( in January, 2019) shows the following under-listed:

Adrenal fatigue

Chronic Inflammation

Insulin Resistance

Low Level of DHEA

Male Estrogen Dominance

In fact, looks like my hormones are shutting down. I really will appreciation suggestions on how to go about treating these conditions.

Additionally, it has become a norm for me to wake up with very bitter taste in my mouth in the morning. This started after the digestive problem in 2012. The condition went away for a few months in 2016 but it has since resurfaced and I have always had to deal with this over the years. What do think is likely the reason for this? Mind you, the doctor has diagnosed me for mild gastric sometime in 2017.

I am sorry my message is quite long but I tried to provide as much information as possible.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Peace at all times.

Old 09-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #6
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Hi Oshawa,

Yes, I think you will need to take the test results to a qualified endocrinologist for guidelines on treatment. And tell the doctor about all the results from previous testing. With all the different issues you mentioned, it is far too complex for me to give guidance. You need a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of hormonal imbalance. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Old 09-10-2019, 09:42 PM   #7
    Oshawa
    (male)

Oshawa HB User

Hi,

Thank you very much for your response, I will do as advised.

Peace at all times.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #8
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

You may want to revisit your neurologist or see a different one for additional testing; unfortunately diseases like MS do not always show up the first time you are scanned. I have MS and was quite lucky to be diagnosed very quickly...but I have many friends with MS who waited years to get their diagnosis.

I would also see an endocrinologist- or a infectious disease doctor; both are helpful in checking your inflammatory levels (SED rate) and other possible blood work which may uncover something that hasnt been checked yet.

Good luck!

Old 09-13-2019, 07:15 AM   #9
    Oshawa
    (male)

Oshawa HB User

Hello,

Thank you for your contribution. Yes, I just came back in from visiting an endocrinologist for the briefing of my hormonal test. She uncovered serious Iron Storage and Chronic Silent Inflammation but somehow, the nurse who worked on my order form missed to check the box for Cortisol. Hence, I have just ordered for that today.

As a result of the briefing today, she advised me to get some supplements to correct Iron Storage and Chronic Silent Inflammation; among other hormonal abnormalities. I am going to look to order in the supplements she prescribed immediately. Hopefully, this would bring about solution to the problem I suffer from.

Please, keep me posted if there's anything else you could find that could be of help to me in discovering the problem as well as treating it.

Peace at all times.

Reply Reply