It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Anxiety & Depression

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #1
    CrystalGail83
    (female)

CrystalGail83 HB User
    Anxiety & Depression

My name is Crystal and I am new here. I suffer from GAD and panic disorder and was prescribed 0.5MG Xanax until my dr increased the dosage to 1.0MG and was doing ok but was still dealing with some panic issues.

My cardiologist did not like that I was on the Xanax and prescribed Zoloft to help "prevent" my attacks. So far it has been helping.

I have only been on the Zoloft for two weeks at the most. When I increased to the 50MG, I suffered from extreme dry mouth and cut myself back to the 25MG to lessen that nasty side effect. BTW I only took the 50MG for 2-3 days. The last couple of days I have been feeling very depressed to the point that I do not want to get out of bed and I have no clue if this is normal. Sometimes they say you end up feeling worse before you feel better.

Dr prescribed the Zoloft for anxiety and not depression so why am I all of a sudden feeling depressed? I am not having any bad thoughts or anything like that, just really down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am also healing from wisdom teeth removal(post op 1 week) and the dry mouth was not helping my healing which is another reason I took myself back down to the 25MG

Last edited by Administrator; 09-10-2019 at 03:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2019, 07:43 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Anxiety & Depression

Hi, CrystalGail83,

It's likely that medications are not solving anything, just temporarily covering up symptoms.

Have you tried doing some research on natural remedies? I have read that whole grains are good. Also, fresh, minced, raw garlic mixed into a salad or soup. A variety of raw nuts (but not peanuts). A healthy diet in general with a wide variety of fresh vegetables and about 3 servings of fresh fruit per day.

Exercise can work wonders too, like walking.

Best of luck,
    John

Reply Reply