It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Unable to know whatís wrong

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-15-2019, 03:42 AM   #1
    jena88
    (female)

jena88 HB User
    Unable to know whatís wrong

Hello. For over two months, Iíve had a fast heart rate. Iíve had it on and off. But it can get ridiculously high. Itís average 89 but many times at rest will be 100-130

About 3 weeks to a month ago, I started having PVCS. The cardiologist had me do an echocardiogram, stress test, and Holter moniter and they determined my heart itself was fine. But werenít pleased with my heart rate being high. Itís apparnetly at a healthy rate when Iím sleeping, which is great.

This is where itís complicated. They want to run a thyroid test and magnesium test but I have severe ptsd and i havenít gotten my blood done in over 8 years because of it. Over the last month, Iíve tried letting them do the test but itís impossible. My arm shakes, I wonít let them touch me. Even if I go in feeling brave, the minute the nurse comes by with her kit, all of that courage is instantly gone.

I donít know whatís wrong and I want to know. But Iím trapped with this life ruining fear.

I just want to know what it is so I can make this go away. Itís really scary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2019, 05:08 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Unable to know whatís wrong

Have you asked about taking a tranquilizer before you go? What about gas? Do they have that available? Talk with your physician about options.

Old 09-20-2019, 01:31 AM   #3
    jena88
    (female)

jena88 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    Have you asked about taking a tranquilizer before you go? What about gas? Do they have that available? Talk with your physician about options.
    They feel itís not needed. They donít want to use expensive resources to calm me.

Old 09-20-2019, 03:37 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

First of all, you are paying for it-not them. And a Valium doesn't cost diddly! Surely they can give you a scrip for that.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:39 AM   #5
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear jena,

If I just wonder aloud, others will tell me what they think I need. As you know, we really cannot make things go away just by avoiding them. Many things in life are rather disturbing, but emotions, even fear, is perfectly normal. We exacerbate the emotion by telling ourselves we should not feel it so then we try to avoid it.

This is not a life or death situation. You can face this.
    A very wise person once pointed out to me that it's up to me to know and to state what I need. Since then I have learned to ask questions of pharmacists and to read up on whatever is going on.

Who is paying for this, anyway? Are the doctors working for you or the drug company?

Simply state to your doctor(s) that you want something to calm you down, and state exactly what works for you or what you want to try. That takes the burden off the doctors and puts the responsibility on you, the patient. We really should be making our own decisions as much as possible.

Let us know how things go for you. Try to recognize, too, that we cannot always find a cause for our discomfort. The body and mind are very complicated. Sometimes we need to make ourselves stop dwelling on some things and busy our minds with things we can change.

Reply Reply