It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Lump on neck, hard slightly irregular - tonsillar node

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-17-2019, 03:22 AM   #1
    Lee2019
    (male)

Lee2019 HB User
    Lump on neck, hard slightly irregular - tonsillar node

Hi all, I have had a lump on my neck for months and kinda ignored it. It is just below my ear near the jawline and I am fairly sure it is the tonsillar node. The node near it feels a bit sore though there is no pain from the lump at all. I have also been having irregular earache from the ear at the same side too.

I had a look at my tonsil yesterday and the left hand side one is completely different to the right! It is not swollen though if anything it seems to be shrinking.

Anyone else experienced these symptoms?. I have an appointment to see a nurse tomorrow so hopefully that will confirm at least something - hopefully that its nothing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2019, 11:18 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Lump on neck, hard slightly irregular - tonsillar node

Sounds like possible infection or virus you are fighting...but not your tonsil.

Good you're seeing someone tomorrow. Can the nurse prescribe antibiotics if needed? Hope yiu are set up for further testing, blood work and swab of the back of your throat.

Let us know the outcome
    q

Old 09-17-2019, 11:45 AM   #3
    Lee2019
    (male)

Lee2019 HB User

Hi yeah I think they can, it's a nurse practitioner.

My hope is that I feel sure about what they say, I am concerned about the combination of symptoms and feeling a bit of regret leaving the lump for so long...but life moved on and I figured it would go away.

I'm a tad concerned this could be my old job coming back to bite me. I used to work making glass lenses but there was no safety so constant glass and plastic particles being inhaled with no ventilation or masks etc...it was a while ago so surely that couldn't trigger something in throat or nodes now. Probably just overthinking things!!

Old 09-18-2019, 11:06 AM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi...so easy to overthink and have regret. As long as you seek medical investigation, testing and hopefully treatment....that's being proactive.

Looking forward to your update.
    q

Reply Reply