It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Right Side of body shrinking

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-06-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
    justice0007
    (male)

justice0007 HB User
    Right Side of body shrinking

Hi,
    Slowly over the past 4 years the right side of my body has been shrinking. It started when I noticed my right side sock was always sliding down. Next was my right foot feels like its in a shoe thats 2 sizes to big. Now my right side of my pants are always sliding down. I got to the gym, and my right ear bud is always loose and almost falling out. Also everything mentioned above is visible by looking at it. Ive been to two family doctors, and they tell me they see whats happening, but the differences arent significant. They are, and it sems every 8 or 9 months something new is affected on my right side. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is really getting to me.
    Regards,
    James

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2019, 09:05 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Right Side of body shrinking

Hi James,

It seems the most likely thing that may be shrinking is muscle mass and when this happens on just one side of your body it could indicate that it's a neurological problem involving the brain and/or spinal cord. The best way to find out is to get an evaluation by a neurologist. Good luck.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:24 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Have you had a DEXA scan? A DEXA measures bone density and can be very telling of things like osteoporosis or osteopenia.. talk to your family doctor about whether or not they think you might have one of these tests..its like an Xray, totally painless.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:46 AM   #4
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

James, I disagree with your doctors. Your right-side loss is significant, IMHO. Any loss on only one side of the body, or even both sides, if unexplained, is significant. They say that it is not significant because they do not have a clue and they don't want to appear stupid.

If it were me I would work the right side of my body as much as possible with weight training and stimulation. It might not help, but it would, at least, be something pro-active that I could do!

I have no formal education in health but I would want to try to reactivate or stimulate the nerves on the right side of my body thru weight lifting and possibly acupuncture.

I've got an electronic stimulation machine at home with which I have had some success with for our own health issues. I usually use up to 12 one inch stimulation pads at a time. It has really helped us.

Best of luck, Bob

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Reply