It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Looking For Answers!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-09-2019, 04:04 PM   #1
    Mickey3210
    (male)

Mickey3210 HB User
    Looking For Answers!

My 30 year old daughter was diagnose with gallstones with one in the common bile duct. She required an ERCP. The MD said the ERCP went well and a 4 mm stone was removed. Took 10 minute. The next day she had laproscopic surgery to remove her gallbladder. That was last Thursday Oct 3. The surgeon said the procedure went well and she would probably be going home later in the day. Tomorrow will be day 7 and she remains hospitalized. She had severe pain which the surgeon said was trapped air in her belly. She was not eating or drinking and still isn't. They now say she has an ilieus. Just started bowel movements yesterday but not a lot. She now has waves of pain in her abdomen. She walks a lot as suggested but she is extremely fatigued. Her WBC was 28 post surgery. They gave her rocephin and now have a continuous zosyn drip. Todays WBC was 8. She received Ativan, Compazine, Zofran, Norco, and Benadryl daily. Some of it multiple times a day to control her pain and nausea. She was vomiting green bile for the last two days, but today only 1 small amount. Her vitals are usually normal. Sometimes a little tacky. They have continuous D5/NSS running. While the surgeon and hospitalist think this is moving along ok, I find it hard to believe she is still in this condition 7 days after surgery. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2019, 05:58 AM   #2
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User
    Re: Looking For Answers!

Hi Mickey3210,

You sound like a worried father. That is good that you have concern for your daughter. Just be there for her and let her know you care. You have a bond with her I see. I hope she gets well soon. Just keep on loving her. She will pull through these sicknesses.

Reply Reply