It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Can this all be fixed?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-13-2019, 09:59 AM   #1
    StubbedToeGuy
    (male)

StubbedToeGuy HB User
    Can this all be fixed?

So I'm 34, male, and I feel like my body is falling apart.

I have Mortons Neuroma in the second interspace of my right foot. Got a cryogenic injection a month ago that has generally made the pain worse, at least in the short term, I'm looking at a 2-4 month process, likely involving a second treatment, it's a long road.

I've had my share of back and neck pain over the years, and am seeing a torque release chiropractor and a weekly basis. To top things off I did a real number on my lower back muscles cliff jumping four months ago (stupid I know). While I'm not in as much pain as I was the first month after that accident, I'm STILL not 100%.

More braudly speaking I feel like I lack energy, motivation and focus. I'm aware of the cycle, chronic pain leads to less activity, less activity leads to a weaker body, weaker body leads to more chronic pain, rinse repeat. But I don't know how to break the cycle, especially in the winter. I'm not saying I'm an athlete in the summer, but I HATE cold and become even less active in the winter.

I'm not happy with my weight, weigh about 175-180 and I'm 5'10", which is probably on the upper end of average, but I want to be thin. I know weight loss is 80% diet, but I'm a complete dunce as buying and preparing food, and that is complicated more by having a job that has me away from home on average of 3-4 nights a week.

I know there are people with much bigger problems, cancer and stuff, but I've been dealing with chronic pain in one form or another for several years now and I'm SICK of it. My quality of life is in the dumps and I'm depressed and lethargic. The foot thing is something that I guess I have to be patient with and see if the treatments work, but what should I do in the mean time?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Can this all be fixed?

Can you walk on it? A place like those cheap chain gyms- which is cheap and has 24 hour hours could help you with your schedule...getting up and getting moving is the only answer. The longer you do nothing( or next to nothing) the more depressed and anxious you will become. If you can walk- force yourself to hit the treadmill or bike- and get your body moving...being around people is just a side benefit to working out in a club.

If you cannot walk, what about swimming? Join a Y and use the pool, that shouldn't put any pressure on your foot and swimming is a great way to burn calories especially in the winter in a heated pool!

Old 12-13-2019, 04:21 PM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Can this all be fixed?

The surgery to remove the neuroma is fairly simple and recovery,for me, was very easy. You might want to find a sports med ortho who is Foot & Ankle Board certified and talk with him/her. The shots don't work well for everyone.

Reply Reply