It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Headache after BM, Food Intolerance & Bloating

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-16-2019, 08:04 AM   #1
    leighleigh1111
    (female)

leighleigh1111 HB User
    Headache after BM, Food Intolerance & Bloating

About 12 years ago I got a really bad stomach flu (symptoms and nausea lasted almost a week) and ever since then I've had very strange gastrointestinal issues. The main problems being: I get a headache about 30 min to an hour after every bowel movement, every single time. The only thing that seems to help is if I eat something. So if I eat a big breakfast and then I have a bowel movement right after, even though I'm full, I have to eat something else. If I don't, I get a headache that worsens until I start to get symptoms of hypoglycemia (shaky, anxious, stomach ache, brain fog). I also always get bloated after every bowel movement. Hypoglycemia is another issue I've had since the initial illness. I have to eat every few hours or else I get the symptoms I stated previously. I recently had an episode so bad that my hands started to go numb and seize up, my chest hurt and my head was pounding (I was drinking lots of coffee, I'm assuming that was the main trigger). I was terrified thinking that I was going to pass out or have a seizure. After eating a piece of bread, I was fine. (Situations like this make me extremely nervous to go anywhere now without taking food with me). Another issue I have since the illness is food intolerance. Almost everything I used to eat and love to eat before now bothers me in some way. Fruits and raw veggies make me really bloated, tomatoes and anything acidic makes my stomach hurt really bad (like an unrelentless gnawing pain) and certain foods like honey, pickled or aged foods give me a headache, sometimes for days. I've had two endoscopies and the most they've found is a hiatal hernia, which doesn't explain any of my issues.
    Curious to know if anyone is suffering from the same strange symptoms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Headache after BM, Food Intolerance & Bloating

Actually, hiatal hernia can cause some of your symptoms...putting pressure up onto your stomach and associated nerves and blood vessels causing headache, light headedness, and discomfort. I get that from gas pressure, but I also get those feelings from neck issues.
    The shakiness...I get it often, mostly I dont know why, but sometimes it's from needing something to eat, having too much caffeine my neck or lower blood pressure.

Have you had an abdominal CT or MRI?

Have you been checked for H. Pylori, for SIBO, had food allergy testing, gluten intolerance, and are you on a PPI type med?

q

Old 12-16-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
    leighleigh1111
    (female)

leighleigh1111 HB User

Hey Quincy,
    I havenít been tested for any of the things you asked. Basically I got diagnosed with a hiatal hernia years ago and then the doctor just prescribed me heartburn medication. I never get heartburn, btw. But nothing was explained to me about the hernia itself, symptoms etc.

Old 12-16-2019, 06:06 PM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Have they tested you for food intolerances? Gluten comes to mind.. food intolerances can cause much of what you describe. You may have developed an allergy to something you have eaten all your life such as wheat or corn...think about seeing a GI doctor and asking them to have you tested.

Reply Reply

Tags
    bloating, bowel issues, food intolerances, headache