It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Please help - feeling desperate

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-29-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
    kafish67
    (female)

kafish67 HB User
    Please help - feeling desperate

I posted on another board but did not get any response. I don’t know where to post this so I will try here. Hopefully someone can help me as I am desperate and am getting weaker by the day. I’ve been dealing with some rather strange symptoms which have become severe. I’ve got my mri tomorrow and am scared out of my mind So thought I would reach out here in the meantime. Here’s my symptoms. Started in mid October and has gotten progressively worse. All on the right side.
    Mouth pain on right soft palate. Swollen glossopalatine arch on right. It’s soft and when pressed, have drainage.
    Pain behind ear in mastoid bone
    Neck stiffness, seems swollen in morning but subsides throughout day
    Night sweats and chills
    Chills throughout day. Feel like I have the flu but no fever
    Pressure in right head, especially when sleeping. It wakes Me up, sweating, heart then starts racing. Feels like I’m choking, sometimes have drainage, sometimes not.
    General malaise
    Intermittent high blood pressure as high as 180/120. Now on lisinopril. Not sure if it’s helping as I had a reading of 160/100 today with heart rate at 84.
    Throbbing pulse in head, when I sit still I can feel it
    Intense anxiety. Given effexor but haven’t taken it yet. Taking .25 mg Xanax a couple times a day.
    Weight loss ( about 10%)
    No appetite
    Can’t sleep. Choking sensation wakes me up along with other symptoms. Pain in back of head on right and throbbing sensation. Also seem to have neuropathy as my arms burn when I feel this.
    Dizziness and weakness

I’ve been to 4 ents, 2 endodontist, a hemotologist , oral surgeon. had ct on sinuses which was clear,(except for 17 mm cyst in right maxillary) had a Recent tooth extraction on #2 molar. Feels like I may have infection but have been on 2 courses of amoxicillin and I still feel crappy. . Have mri Tomorrow on brain and orbits both with and without contrast. . Feel like there is a compromise of fluid, perhaps lymph. I started doing manual Lymphatic massage on neck which helps but still feel like I’m dying (sorry for being dramatic). Oh lastly, my wbc RBc and platelets and sedimentation rate all normal. My wbc was 3.7 after taking amoxicillin. Lymphocytes were 1. Should be 1.1 or higher. Any ideas? Any input would be helpful. I’m thinking cancer (blood or oral), Lymphedema, parotid gland infection or tooth infection/ abscess perhaps. Words of wisdom would be appreciated.
    *disclaimer. I had tonsil cancer with lymph metastasis 17 years ago with surgery to my right neck and chemo and radiation. My ents were reluctant to send me for this scan saying they think it is neurological in nature.

The following user gives a hug of support to kafish67:
    Machaon (01-02-2020)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2019, 02:57 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Please help - feeling desperate

Im sorry to say that you need to hang on until you get the results of your MRI. I send you prayers and good outcomes...but please let us know. A MRI is a very telling test...you will get answers.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
    kafish67 (01-01-2020)
    Old 01-01-2020, 02:17 PM   #3
    kafish67
    (female)

kafish67 HB User

Thank you for the prayers. My head and neck mri revealed nothing. No evidence of disease, aside from degenerative changes in my cervical spine from c-3 through c-7...mild to moderate stenosis, and a small maxillary sinus cyst that has been there for several years. One thing that was stated that there is (again) mild small vessel disease in the narrative of the report but the impression stated that there was no intracranial process suspected. This concerns me as he said the word “again”, as if the was found in the last mri, which was done at the same Hospital...but it wasn’t. I had a full neuro work up last year...mri of head and c-spine, an eeg, Doppler of carotid and vng which dr said were all normal. I’m only 52. Does this imply I’ve had strokes or tia’s? I’m grateful there is no cancer, but this picques my curiosity to say the least. Also on another note, my ear,jaw and neck on side of tooth extraction still achy with intermittent pain and pressure. It keeps me up at night. This to me indicates infection although I took 2 courses of amoxycillin before and after extraction. I’m going to post in the dental health board and talk to dr tomorrow about small vessel disease. If anyone has any insight though please feel free to comment.

Old 01-01-2020, 05:03 PM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

It is not indicative of a stroke or TIA...Im guessing this is tooth related since nothing was found.

Be grateful nothing was found and now go talk to your dentist! Im willing to bet they find infection somewhere which is causing your pain...good luck!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: MSNik
    kafish67 (01-02-2020)
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
    kafish67 (01-02-2020)
    Old 01-01-2020, 06:12 PM   #5
    kafish67
    (female)

kafish67 HB User

Thanks again. Hoping to get to the bottom of this soon!

Reply Reply