It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Whatís going on with me?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-16-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
    scottc

scottc HB User
    Whatís going on with me? Desperate

So I am a 20 yo F, and have been feeling sick and just.....off lately. My symptoms have been going on for about 3 and a half months, however some symptoms are newer than others. My (many) symptoms are: side pain (usually on the right side), the pain is like a dull ache/cramp and goes down into my lower back and butt sometimes. Also my back hurts, sometimes my upper back and sometimes in the middle. I have leg cramps at times, usually in my right thigh. I am REALLY low on energy....not necessarily tired but just low motivation and energy to do much. This has affected me probably the most.

My joints in my hands hurt sometimes, like an ache. I have low appetite; some days are worse than others however. I sometimes get nauseous easily and have diarrhea. My chest feels weird sometimes, not a lot but occasionally. Itís like a pain when I breathe in and itís kind of tight. I usually get migraines anyways but lately i feel like my headaches have been more frequent. I sort of sometimes feel out of it and like I canít remember things like I used to (which people think Iím crazy for). Lastly, I have had a large amount of microscopic blood in my urine for about a year now.

I have been to my regular doctor, who at first said I had a UTI but then after taking the medicine and my symptoms persisting without a UTI detected anymore, I was referred to a urologist, who did a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis (focusing mainly on kidneys) and found nothing. Feeling really hopeless, I asked to get a blood test done to check my levels and see if anything looked off...and nothing did. However, my GFR from November 2018 was 92, and now a year later itís down to 80. This worries me about early kidney disease but with my kidneys already being checked I feel itís probably nothing to do with that, but I donít know.

I am at a loss. Iím young, in college, and have raked up so many bills from this. I feel so lost and out of it, and sort of depressed that nothing is found out. Two things iíve looked up that I think may be it are POTS or Lyme Disease. Itís probably neither of those, but I just dont know. With POTS, i saw that it is also associated with Gastroparesis and Raynaudís Phenomenon, which I have both of those.

With Lyme Disease, I dont remember ever being bit but I did have a rash on my buttocks a couple of months ago that was really itchy and sort of looked like ringworm, but it was dismissed as eczema so iím not for sure.

If anyone has answers or suggestions, I would love to hear. I hate that this is happening and I feel crazy or like iím just making it all up. Iím not overweight, i donít have high blood pressure as far as I know, I had my thyroid checked and it wasnít that. I just want to get this figured out and start to feel more like myself again.

Thank you guys.

Last edited by scottc; 01-17-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2020, 08:34 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Whatís going on with me?

Hi Scottc,

Yes, it's very confusing. However, being that you said you're in college, it causes me to suspect your problems might be diet related or overall lifestyle related. What are you likely to get less of in college? Are you getting lots of fresh fruit, non-starchy fresh vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds in limited amounts? These are high fiber foods that are needed to help regulate your immune system and not just to promote regularity as most people think.

If this is the case, medical doctors are unlikely to find it, so it's up to you to concentrate on this first. And this includes getting enough exercise and about 8 hours of sleep each night. Your immune system will thank you.

Old 01-17-2020, 08:58 AM   #3
    scottc

scottc HB User
    Re: Whatís going on with me?

This is a possibility, however it is important to note that I still live at home with my parents (I havenít even touched any food from my college- lol). I would say my diet and lifestyle are about the same as before, as I eat at home still and donít eat the ďtypicalĒ college diet, and Iíve recently been trying to eat a bit healthier and trying to work out as well. Thank you for your reply!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnR41 View Post
    Hi Scottc,

Yes, it's very confusing. However, being that you said you're in college, it causes me to suspect your problems might be diet related or overall lifestyle related. What are you likely to get less of in college? Are you getting lots of fresh fruit, non-starchy fresh vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds in limited amounts? These are high fiber foods that are needed to help regulate your immune system and not just to promote regularity as most people think.

If this is the case, medical doctors are unlikely to find it, so it's up to you to concentrate on this first. And this includes getting enough exercise and about 8 hours of sleep each night. Your immune system will thank you.

Last edited by scottc; 01-17-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Reply Reply