It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Soft, Painless Lump on Right Calf - What could it be??

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-03-2020, 06:06 PM   #1
    holdmyskittles
    (female)

holdmyskittles HB User
    Soft, Painless Lump on Right Calf - What could it be??

For the past month or so, I've had some issues with my ankles swelling whenever I stand for more than 10-15 minutes at a time - One day in the shower, I looked down to check on the swelling and noticed that my right calf had a bit of a bulge on the inner side of the calf (the side that would rub against my left leg). I felt around and it doesn't hurt directly (my calf does feel a bit like I've had repeated charlie horses, though) but there's definitely a lump there. It isn't easily moveable, but feels deep, like it's in my muscle or tendons or something.

Now, I realize that it could very well just be a lipoma as I have others on my upper left leg that are small (maybe pea sized) and firm - but the lump on my right calf is very soft and probably about the size of an egg. I am very concerned about this being sarcoma or something, which I realize is going from 0 to 100 real fast.

I've got an appointment with a resident tomorrow for the ankle swelling and I plan on asking about the calf lump as well (and pushing for an ultrasound, just to be sure that it IS nothing rather than being brushed off), but I thought I'd post here and see if any of y'all have experienced something similar or any thoughts as to what it could be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    lipoma, lump