It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• PLEASE READ: Worried about Potential Cancer

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-12-2020, 06:51 PM   #1
    AnAsianMan
    (male)

AnAsianMan HB User
    Exclamation PLEASE READ: Worried about Potential Cancer

Hello all,

I am 17 y/o and just like the title says, I am really worried that I have cancer or some other serious disease. Around October of 2019 at school, I would experience nausea that convinced me so well I was going to vomit. I had to excuse myself from class multiple times just to go to the bathroom for this (I never vomited by the way, but felt so close to.) Some nights I also started to feel bloated in my stomach. I talked to my primary doctor about these experiences and he prescribed me nausea medicine. The nausea went away so I eventually stopped taking the medicine, but the bloatedness remained. These all bothered me a great deal.

Around December of 2019, I noticed I had lost 10 lbs.-initially I was 165 lbs., and I dropped down to 155. I had maintained roughly the same diet too. However at the same time, I had lost appetite so I didnít feel like eating anymore (I still ate though). My mom was concerned about this when I told her about this so I went to the ER. The ER people were also concerned about my losing weight, and told me to talk to my primary doctor. Around a few weeks later, I did this and my doctor was able to help me schedule an endoscopy.

My endoscopy is still a month away (this June) and itís already been such a long time since these symptoms first started. I still have bloatedness at night and no hunger, but I still eat and have maintained a weight of 155 lbs. I have just started experiencing persistent chest pains and tightness, like heartburn which I havenít told my doctor yet. Because of this, Iím so scared that whatever sickness I may have has spread. And amid the coronavirus epidemic, Iím so scared it might take even longer for scheduling future appointments to treat, or worse yet, still try to diagnose my potential disease.

Because my symptoms are kind of general, I feel like I need a CAT scan or something rather than a localized procedure like an endoscopy, which might not show anything and delay diagnosis. Iím sorry if I sound arrogant here. I donít know what to do. I would truly appreciate it if you would help me and give me advice. Thank you.

In short, I have had and continue to have multiple symptoms of cancer or something else serious, but my latest appointment has been a long time since symptoms appeared and future appointments might be even farther away. I am scared of progression and late treatment and donít know what to do.

Kind regards,
    Alec

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2020, 11:30 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: PLEASE READ: Worried about Potential Cancer

Upper gastro issues cause those symptoms...and I speak from experience. A CT would be prescribed after if nothing is found visually....visually is yiur best bet at this point.

To add...physical symptoms can amp anxiety, not to mention that our world health crisis at this time pushes everything into constant worry.

Keep in mind to request testing for H. Pylori for sure in addition to what is normally checked.

In the meantime, I suggest you take a PPI med such as Omeprazole or Nexium to see if they help. Take it in the morning half hour before eating breakfast. At least it could ease some of the discomfort, which will lessen the anxiety.

q

Old 05-27-2020, 12:01 PM   #3
    KeepWalkingThru
    (female)

KeepWalkingThru HB User

I agree with Quincy, that some of the symptoms could be stress related from worrying that you may have something really bad like cancer. I have dealt with this and I had myself so worked up that I couldn't get a good breath and my chest hurt all the time. I'm not saying all your symptoms are stress, but definitely some of them could be.

Old 07-04-2020, 10:16 AM   #4
    fishergrl78
    (female)

fishergrl78 HB User

Just don't google everything, because doing that will just drive you to the point of severe anxiety.

Last edited by fishergrl78; 07-04-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    appetite loss, cancer, cancer and nausea, kid, weight loss