It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• Sick & stuck in limbo

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-20-2020, 05:40 PM   #1
    TheMooseMan

TheMooseMan HB User
    Question Sick & stuck in limbo

I haven't felt well for 2 years; ever since I had palpitations for the first time ever and have been on multiple BP meds; BP is controlled, but I still don't feel well.

The easiest way to describe how I'm feeling is:

if you do a handstand for 10 seconds then stand up quickly? The lightheadedness, blood rush, dizziness as well as pulsation through your arms? That's me every day. Also, my eyes burn and are often blurry. Started wearing glasses 7 months ago and am waiting to see an optometrist.

I have had the following tests run:

Head and chest CT
    Brain MRI
    Full cardiologic workup more than once
    Diabetes checked
    Full blood work up multiple times, no deficiencies or red flags anywhere.

Zero answers. Nothing to even go on. Family doctor is out of ideas but I was also denied seeing an internist by insurance so they don't know what else to do for me. Any and all thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.

And no, although it might be easy to gravitate towards mental or "it's all in your head", it's not. As a mental health advocate and treated/stable mental illness for decades, I assure you it's not. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2020, 06:56 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Sick & stuck in limbo

Some palpitations are benign. Just ask any menopausal woman! So, have you had an EKG? A stress test? A holter monitor? Are they PVCs? If so, are you taking antihistamines? Do you use caffeine? Have you tried a hard cough when the palpitations are going on? lots of questions...

Old 05-20-2020, 07:03 PM   #3
    TheMooseMan

TheMooseMan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    Some palpitations are benign. Just ask any menopausal woman! So, have you had an EKG? A stress test? A holter monitor? Are they PVCs? If so, are you taking antihistamines? Do you use caffeine? Have you tried a hard cough when the palpitations are going on? lots of questions...
    Appreciate the reply. Multiple EKG's. Holter monitor. Stress test. All of them. Echocardiograms as well. All come out perfect. Stress test was "marathon runner-esque" even though I'm out of shape. I'm 6', 250, age 44 (just turned). Another way to describe what I'm feeling is:

If you've ever had influenza A or B.... How you feel the first 24 hours after finally breaking your fever? That yucky, blah "just not 100%" feeling is what I'm dealing with on top of the above stuff. The ONLY thing that has changed since 2 years ago is being on blood pressure medication. Thanks again.

Old 05-21-2020, 04:41 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I haven't had the flu in over 40 years so don't recall what it was like. I'm just wondering why if you are having palpitations they haven't shown up on any testing. Or maybe you don't have them any more but just randomly mentioned them???

Old 05-21-2020, 07:53 AM   #5
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Hi TheMooseMan!

Quote:
    I haven't felt well for 2 years; ever since I had palpitations for the first time ever and have been on multiple BP meds
    I was once on five different heart/bp medications. I experienced nasty interactions, between the meds, if I took them too close together, so I separated the doses by an hour or more. I also found out that some foods, when eaten too close to some of my meds, would cause problems, so I had to schedule my diet based on my medicine schedule.

Quote:
    BP is controlled, but I still don't feel well.
    BP/Heart medications can have some fairly unpleasant side effects. Multiple BP/Heart medications can compound the side effects problems.

Most BP/Heart medications attempt to calm the adrenal glands. There are many things that can agitate, or over-excite, one's heart, because they cause the adrenal glands to pour out excessive adrenal hormones that over-excite one's heart, causing palpitations, anxiety and higher blood pressure. So... if you research your medications you will see that they attempt to inhibit or block adrenal hormones.

Do you drink coffee, eat chocolate, drink tea or energy drinks?

Do you have allergies?

Are you overweight? Are you on a healthy, low calorie, low carb diet? Eating more carbs then your body can comfortably handle can cause all kinds of uncomfortable symptoms.

Do you smoke, or are you around people who do smoke?

Do you live near a highway? (Exhaust fumes can cause all kinds of nasty health problems).

And, of course, there are many other things and factors.

There are meds that can calm the adrenals and reduce the number of erratic heartbeats, but they can come with uncomfortable side effects, especially fatigue or tiredness, lack of energy.

Just some things to think about...

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Reply

Tags
    blurred vision, head pressure, high, referral, unknown condition