It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

• CNS going haywire after Cervical decompression and fusion

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-22-2020, 12:10 PM   #1
    03251965l

03251965l HB User
    Unhappy CNS going haywire after Cervical decompression and fusion

Hi everyone. I need some help. I am 6 weeks post Posterior cervical decompression and C-5,C6 Fusion for a severe cervical stenosis. I had always had neck and back pain off and on for years, but manageable. I also suffer from Ulcerative Colitis which contributes to the lower back pain at times. I take Xeljanz for my UC. I had started with thigh muscle tightness, then lower leg pain weakness, tingling. I went to ER had MRIís of brain, c,t,and l spines, and was diagnosed with a severe spinal stenosis that needed immediate attention. T and L spines had some arthritic changes but nothing remarkable. Oodles of bloodwork all came back negative. While my surgery site is healing well, and surgery pain is tolerable, I am experiencing prickly, tingling, muscle flutters, and pins needles, all over, especially in feet. And although, Maybe minimally improved, still have the leg pain and weakness, and numbness in fingers of both hands which I didnít have prior to surgery. Physical Therapy x 2 weeks. Has anyone experienced anything like this while healing from this surgery? Thanks to anyone who responds, this is my first post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    central nervous system, cervical spinal stenosis, cord compression, post surgery